Realtek Semiconductor Licenses Wide Range of Processors from MIPS Technologies
Small Footprint Cores to Newest Superscalar Multicore Solutions Offer Options for Networking, Digital Home and Other Multimedia Applications
SUNNYVALE, Calif. - January 18, 2011 - MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for digital consumer, home networking, wireless, communications and business applications, announced today that one of the world's leading IC design houses, Realtek Semiconductor Corp., reaffirmed its long-time commitment to the MIPS® architecture by licensing a broad range of MIPS32® processor cores. Realtek will use the cores for next-generation SoCs targeting broadband, networking, digital home and other multimedia applications.
The license agreement includes MIPS32 cores such as the compact 4KEc® Pro core, the high-performance 24K® Pro family, the multi-threaded 34K® Pro family, the superscalar 74K® family, the 1004K Coherent Processing System (CPS) family, the new superscalar multicore 1074K CPS family and the MIPS SOC-it L2 Cache Controller."We've had great success with MIPS cores in our SoCs for a range of products, including wireless gateways, switches and routers, plus new solutions for digital home and multimedia applications," said Realtek's executive vice president Jessy Chen. "For a wide range of next-generation solutions, we are working closely with MIPS to ensure seamless integration of software stacks including Android, Linux, Adobe® Flash® Player, codecs, web browsers and more. As Realtek continues to aggressively expand our presence in the networking and digital home markets, we are pleased to continue our successful relationship with MIPS Technologies.""We are delighted that Realtek has reaffirmed its commitment to MIPS for a new generation of innovative MIPS-Based products," said Art Swift, vice president of marketing and business development, MIPS Technologies. "Having access to a very broad lineup of MIPS processor cores will enable Realtek to develop optimal application-specific solutions for a range of markets. By selecting cores at the high end of our performance lineup, Realtek will be well-positioned to develop solutions for the next generation of smart, connected devices."MIPS Pro Series cores power distinctive consumer applications that combine exceptional performance with superior area and power efficiency. Leveraging the CorExtend capability, Realtek can write its own instruction set extensions and create highly differentiated, highly competitive products.
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. is one of the world's leading IC providers. Realtek designs and develops a wide range of IC products for communications network, computer peripheral, and multimedia applications. Products include 10/100/1000M Ethernet Controllers/PHYs, 10/100/1000M Ethernet Switch Controllers/Media Converter Controllers/Gateway Controllers, Wireless LAN Controllers & AP/Router SoCs, DSL Chips, VoIP Solutions, AC'97/High Definition Audio Codecs, Clock Generators, Card Reader Controllers, Web Camera Controllers, LCD Monitor/ATV/DTV Controllers, and Digital Media Processors. With advanced design expertise in RF, analog, and mixed signal circuits, and with strong manufacturing and system knowledge, Realtek offers full-featured, high-performance, and competitive total solutions. More information on Realtek can be found on our web site: www.realtek.com.
About MIPS Technologies, Inc.
MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS) is a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores that power some of the world's most popular products for the home entertainment, communications, networking and portable multimedia markets. These include broadband devices from Linksys, DTVs and digital consumer devices from Sony, DVD recordable devices from Pioneer, digital set-top boxes from Motorola, network routers from Cisco, 32-bit microcontrollers from Microchip Technology and laser printers from Hewlett-Packard. Founded in 1998, MIPS Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with offices worldwide. For more information, contact (408) 530-5000 or visit www.mips.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Realtek Licenses Wide Range of MIPS32 Pro Series Cores to Develop High-Performance SoCs
- Fujitsu Semiconductor Licenses ARM big.LITTLE and Mali-T624 Technologies to Support a Wide Range of Consumer and Industrial Devices
- Leading DTV IC Supplier MStar Semiconductor Licenses New Processor Cores from MIPS Technologies
- Gateway Silicon Licenses Wide Range of MIPS Technologies' IP Cores for USB 2.0 OTG
- Argon Design licenses Argon Streams AV1 to Realtek Semiconductor
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|