Atheros and WiLAN Reach Agreement to End Litigations
OTTAWA, Canada – January 19, 2011 – Wi-LAN Inc. (“WiLAN” or the “Company”) (TSX:WIN), a leading technology innovation and licensing company, today announced that Atheros Communications, Inc. (“Atheros”) and WiLAN have signed a memorandum of understanding which calls for Atheros to take a multi-year license to WiLAN’s patent portfolio and to make a series of payments to WiLAN.
The agreement will include the dismissal of all litigations between the companies in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. WiLAN expects a final definitive agreement to be signed within the next few weeks. Specific financial terms of the agreement reached are confidential.
“WiLAN is very pleased to have reached settlements with industry leaders Intel and Atheros,” said Jim Skippen, Chairman & CEO. “Meaningful discussions are continuing with a number of parties in our Texas litigations and WiLAN is hopeful that it will reach additional settlements.”
WiLAN, founded in 1992, is a leading technology innovation and licensing company. WiLAN has licensed its intellectual property to over 240 companies worldwide. Inventions in our portfolio have been licensed by companies that manufacture or sell a wide range of communication and consumer electronics products including 3G cellular handsets, Wi-Fi-enabled laptops, Wi-Fi/DSL routers, xDSL infrastructure equipment, WiMAX base stations and digital television receivers. WiLAN has a large and growing portfolio of more than 970 issued or pending patents. For more information: www.wilan.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Broadcom and WiLAN Reach Agreement to End Litigations
- Intel and WiLAN Reach Agreement to End Litigations
- WiLAN and Texas Instruments Reach Agreement to End Litigation
- WiLAN and Alcatel-Lucent Enter into License Agreement and Settle all Litigations
- WiLAN Subsidiaries Enter into License Agreement with Micron
- Cortus Launches ULYSS automotive MCU family
- Infineon's HYPERRAM™ 3.0 memory and Autotalks' 3rd generation chipset drive next-generation automotive V2X applications
- Q1 2023 Global Semiconductor Equipment Billings Grow 9% Year-Over-Year, SEMI Reports
- Computex 2023 Reveals Taiwan's Critical Role in AI
- Leading Aerospace and Defense Company purchases Interlaken IP core from Comcores
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Arm SystemReady surpasses 100 certifications, driving standardization where it matters
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|