Broadcom and WiLAN Reach Agreement to End Litigations
OTTAWA, Canada – January 20, 2011 – Wi-LAN Inc. (“WiLAN” or the “Company”) (TSX:WIN), a leading technology innovation and licensing company, today announced that Broadcom Corporation (“Broadcom”) and WiLAN have signed a memorandum of understanding which calls for Broadcom to take a multi-year license to WiLAN’s patent portfolio and to make a series of payments to WiLAN.
The agreement will include the dismissal of all litigations between the companies in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. WiLAN expects a final definitive agreement to be signed within the next few weeks. Specific financial terms of the agreement reached are confidential.
WiLAN, founded in 1992, is a leading technology innovation and licensing company. WiLAN has licensed its intellectual property to over 240 companies worldwide. Inventions in our portfolio have been licensed by companies that manufacture or sell a wide range of communication and consumer electronics products including 3G cellular handsets, Wi-Fi-enabled laptops, Wi-Fi/DSL routers, xDSL infrastructure equipment, WiMAX base stations and digital television receivers. WiLAN has a large and growing portfolio of more than 970 issued or pending patents. For more information: www.wilan.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Atheros and WiLAN Reach Agreement to End Litigations
- Intel and WiLAN Reach Agreement to End Litigations
- WiLAN and Texas Instruments Reach Agreement to End Litigation
- WiLAN and Alcatel-Lucent Enter into License Agreement and Settle all Litigations
- WiLAN Confirms Dismissal of Litigations Scheduled for Trial in Early 2011
- Cortus Launches ULYSS automotive MCU family
- Infineon's HYPERRAM™ 3.0 memory and Autotalks' 3rd generation chipset drive next-generation automotive V2X applications
- Q1 2023 Global Semiconductor Equipment Billings Grow 9% Year-Over-Year, SEMI Reports
- Computex 2023 Reveals Taiwan's Critical Role in AI
- Leading Aerospace and Defense Company purchases Interlaken IP core from Comcores
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Arm SystemReady surpasses 100 certifications, driving standardization where it matters
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|