High performance dual-issue, out-of-order, 7-stage pipeline superscalar core
Synopsys' DesignWare Universal DDR Memory Controller Delivers up to 30 Percent Lower Latency and Increases System Performance
Enhanced Architecture Enables Faster Access to Off-chip DRAM and Delivers Higher Throughput for SoC Designs
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 9, 2011-- Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS), a world leader in software and IP for semiconductor design, verification and manufacturing, today announced the release of its enhanced DesignWare® Universal DDR Memory Controller, which delivers up to 30 percent lower latency and offers up to 15 percent higher throughput than the previous generation controller. The DDR Memory Controller offers new features such as high-priority bypass and configurable 'look-ahead.' The high-priority bypass option allows designers to improve latency by bypassing the scheduling algorithm, allowing immediate access to the DRAM. The configurable 'look-ahead' feature provides intelligent scheduling to maximize throughput by prioritizing out-of-order transactions to the DRAM, allowing designers to make trade-offs between area and performance. The Memory Controller also offers a DFI 2.1-compliant interface to the DDR PHY, delivers memory system performance of up to 2133 Mbps and supports the DDR3, DDR2, LPDDR and LPDDR2 SDRAM standards.
"As the leading supplier of SoCs for femtocells and small-cell base stations, we rely on Synopsys, a trusted IP vendor, to provide us with a high-quality DDR IP solution that further helps us differentiate our products in the market," said Will Robbins, vice-president of Silicon, Tools and Platforms at Picochip. "Synopsys' continued advancements in DDR IP allow us to reliably develop high-performance memory systems that are optimized for both throughput and latency."
"Synopsys is continually improving the performance and features of our DDR memory controller solutions," said John Koeter, vice president of marketing for IP and Systems at Synopsys. "By combining the best features of the previous-generation DesignWare Universal DDR memory controller with the best features of the Intelli™ architecture acquired from Virage Logic, we are able to significantly decrease the latency and improve throughput in this generation. With a proven track record of more than 250 DDR IP design wins amongst more than 200 customers, Synopsys offers designers a low-risk path to silicon success."
The DesignWare Universal DDR Memory Controller is part of Synopsys' comprehensive DesignWare DDR IP offering that consists of digital controllers and PHY IP supporting DDR, DDR2, DDR3, LPDDR and LPDDR2. The DesignWare DDR IP supports leading 130-nm, 90-nm, 65-nm, 55-nm, 45/40-nm and 32/28-nm technologies.
The enhanced version of the DesignWare Universal DDR Memory Controller single-port configuration is scheduled for availability in March 2011. For more information on DesignWare DDR IP, please visit: http://www.synopsys.com/IP/InterfaceIP/DDRn/Pages/default.aspx.
About DesignWare IP
Synopsys is a leading provider of high-quality, silicon-proven IP solutions for SoC designs. The broad DesignWare IP portfolio includes complete interface IP solutions consisting of controllers, PHY and Verification IP for widely used protocols, analog IP, embedded memories, logic libraries, embedded test & repair IP, audio post-processing software and configurable processor cores. In addition, Synopsys offers SystemC transaction-level models to build virtual prototypes for rapid, pre-silicon development of software. With a robust IP development methodology, reuse tools, extensive investment in quality and comprehensive technical support, Synopsys enables designers to accelerate time-to-market and reduce integration risk. For more information on DesignWare IP, visit: http://www.synopsys.com/designware.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS) is a world leader in electronic design automation (EDA), supplying the global electronics market with the software, intellectual property (IP) and services used in semiconductor design, verification and manufacturing. Synopsys' comprehensive, integrated portfolio of implementation, verification, IP, manufacturing and field-programmable gate array (FPGA) solutions helps address the key challenges designers and manufacturers face today, such as power and yield management, system-to-silicon verification and time-to-results. These technology-leading solutions help give Synopsys customers a competitive edge in bringing the best products to market quickly while reducing costs and schedule risk. Synopsys is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has approximately 70 offices located throughout North America, Europe, Japan, Asia and India. Visit Synopsys online at http://www.synopsys.com/.
Search Silicon IP
Search Verification IP
Synopsys, Inc. Hot Verification IP
- Synopsys' New DesignWare DDR Explorer Tool Delivers Up to 20 Percent Improvement in DDR Memory Subsystem Efficiency
- Synopsys' New HAPS-80 FPGA-Based Prototyping Solution Delivers Up to 100 MHz System Performance
- Pixelworks Selects Uniquify's DDR Memory Controller Subsystem IP for System Performance, Field Reliability in its 4Kx2K Ultra High Definition TVs, Digital Projector Solutions
- Synopsys' Next-Generation DesignWare Data Converter IP Delivers 50 Percent Lower Power with Smaller Area
- New Synopsys Universal DDR Controllers Improve Performance and Reduce Cost of Embedded DRAM Interfaces
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Mobiveil's PSRAM Controller IP Lets SoC Designers Leverage AP Memory's Xccela x8/x16 250 MHz PSRAM Memory
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|