IRVINE, Calif., March 01, 2011 — Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq:MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor technology aimed at building a smart, secure, connected world, today announced an expanded industrial ecosystem for SmartFusion intelligent mixed signal FPGAs. This new ecosystem strengthens the current SmartFusion device ecosystem and includes further support by Microsemi partners. Customers now have a broader choice of operating systems and communication protocols for implementation on SmartFusion FPGAs, enabling the acceleration of their designs in industrial and networking applications
"The range of peripherals SmartFusion devices offer for the ARM® Cortex-M3 processor and the flexibility of their FPGA fabric make them an ideal choice for industrial automation and networking," said Rich Kapusta, Vice President Terrestrial Products, SoC Products Group at Microsemi "By leveraging the programmable analog for sensing and analog outputs, SmartFusion can also be used in Industrial control applications, including gateways, sensing, actuators and I/O devices."
Each uniquely capable section of the SmartFusion intelligent mixed signal FPGA device enables targeted solutions addressing multiple aspects of an integrated industrial automation system.
SmartFusion FPGA Ecosystem:
- Emcraft delivers the first port of uClinux to the SmartFusion device including a development platform available for purchase online
- Inicore offers the CAN core for SmartFusion, supported on the SmartFusion Development Kit
- FreeRTOS is available as a reference design on both the SmartFusion Evaluation Kit and the SmartFusion Development Kit. FreeRTOS includes two options for Ethernet connectivity lwIP and uIP
- TCP/IP is offered on SmartFusion devices by two partners, Keil and Micrium
- Keil TCP/IP is available with or without the RTX real-time kernel
- Micrium TCP/IP is used in conjunction with their µC/os-III
- Modbus® IP and Modbus 485 available from Microsemi
Applications Supported by SmartFusion in Industrial Automation
- Power Metering and Smart Grid Applications
- Motor Control: PMSM, BLDC, Stepper
- Human-Machine Interfaces: Touch Screens, Keypads
- Field Devices: I/Os, Sensors, Actuators
For further information please refer to Microsemi's
Industrial Automation Page http://www.actel.com/products/solutions/industrial/default.aspx
SmartFusion Ecosystem Page http://www.actel.com/products/smartfusion/ecosystem.aspx
Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq:MSCC) offers the industry's most comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor technology. Committed to solving the most critical system challenges, Microsemi's products include high-performance, high-reliability analog and RF devices, mixed signal integrated circuits, FPGAs and customizable SoCs, and complete subsystems. Microsemi serves leading system manufacturers around the world in the defense, security, aerospace, enterprise, commercial, and industrial markets. Learn more at http://www.microsemi.com.