MediaTek's newly announced MT6573 application processor integrates POWERVR graphics from Imagination Technologies
New SoC brings advanced graphics to mass-market smartphones
March 8, 2011 -- MediaTek Inc., a leading fabless semiconductor company for wireless communications and digital multimedia solutions, and Imagination Technologies (LSE: IMG, "Imagination", "the Group"), a leading multimedia, communications and embedded processor technology company, announce that MediaTek’s new application processor, features Imagination’s POWERVR graphics acceleration.
The MT6573 incorporates a POWERVR Series5 SGX GPU (graphics processing unit) from Imagination to enable advanced smartphone graphics applications including gaming, navigation and location-based services, augmented reality and highly visual and dynamic user interfaces for the mainstream volume phone market.
MediaTek delivers innovative, feature-rich yet cost-effective solutions to meet consumer’s entertainment, communication and information needs. MediaTek is launching the MT6573 platform to address the accelerating demand for smartphones with features that can delight users at price points that meet the needs of operators in developed markets and consumers in emerging markets.
Hossein Yassaie, Imagination CEO, commented:
"We are delighted that MediaTek has delivered this highly capable new mass-market application processor, which will enable its customers to address new levels of capabilities and meet emerging consumer demands for advanced performance in lower-priced smartphones.
"We look forward to building on our strategic relationship with this important semiconductor partner."
Jeffrey Ju, General Manager of the Smartphone Business Unit at MediaTek, commented:
"MediaTek is committed to ensuring that wireless consumers across the globe can access the most advanced mobile technologies. Imagination delivers industry leading graphics technology and support, as well as an extensive and strong ecosystem of developers capable of utilising the technology.
"We are thrilled to have POWERVR graphics acceleration in MT6573, and the benefit of Imagination’s insight and experience as a strategic partner going forward."
About MediaTek Inc.
MediaTek Inc. is a leading fabless semiconductor company for wireless communications and digital multimedia solutions. The company is a market leader and pioneer in cutting-edge SOC system solutions for wireless communications, high-definition TV, optical storage, DVD and Blu-ray products. Founded in 1997 and listed on Taiwan Stock Exchange under the code "2454", MediaTek is headquartered in Taiwan and has sales and research subsidiaries in Mainland China, Singapore, India, U.S., Japan, Korea, Denmark and England. For more information, please visit MediaTek’s website at www.mediatek.com.
About Imagination Technologies
Imagination Technologies Group plc (LSE:IMG) – a global leader in multimedia and communication technologies – creates and licenses market-leading processor cores for graphics, video, multi-threaded embedded processing/DSP and multi-standard communications applications. These silicon intellectual property (IP) solutions for systems-on-chip (SoC) are complemented by platform level IP and services, a strong array of software tools and drivers and extensive developer and middleware ecosystems. Target markets include mobile phone, handheld multimedia, home consumer entertainment, mobile and low-power computing, and in-car electronics. Its licensees include many of the leading semiconductor and consumer electronics companies. Imagination has corporate headquarters in the United Kingdom, with sales and R&D offices worldwide. See: www.imgtec.com.
Search Silicon IP
Imagination Technologies Group plc Hot IP
- Renesas Mobile to Demonstrate the Industry's First POWERVR SGX MP Enabled Mobile Application Processor at Mobile World Congress 2011
- Renesas Technology Launches SH-Mobile3 Application Processor Utilising Imagination Technologies' PowerVR MBX Graphics IP
- Imagination's PowerVR graphics provide huge performance boost and power savings in MediaTek's new Helio X30 chipset
- Imagination Technologies' PowerVR MBX Graphics Accelerator Technology Used in Freescale's MPC5121e Processor
- Imagination Technologies' PowerVR IP in Philips Application Processor for Smartphones
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- China forms its own chiplet standard amid isolation
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|