Process Detector (For DVFS and monitoring process variation), TSMC 12FFC
Shanghai InfoTM Licences Range of ARM CPU and GPU IP to Address Full Range of Mobile Computing Devices
April 7, 2011 -- Shanghai InfoTM has licensed a series of ARM® IP, including ARM11™, Cortex™-A5 MPCore™ and Cortex-A9 MPCore processors as well as ARM Mali™-300 and Mali-400 MP Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). The fabless semiconductor company has identified consumer demand for visually stunning 3D graphics and compelling user experiences on a full range of mobile computing devices.
Shanghai InfoTM will have products ready later this year to target a range of mobile computing devices from affordable, lightweight tablets that provide basic functionality through to the latest high-performance netbooks enabled by high performance, power efficient, multi-core technology.
The combination of ARM IP has been selected for its ability to respond to the technology and scalability requirements of addressing this range of products. Shanghai InfoTM also chose ARM for the reliability of a strong, future roadmap as well as its solid Partner ecosystem. Integrating ARM CPU and GPU IP into product designs brings with it the significant benefits of optimized coherency and memory bandwidth for higher performance and more efficient data sharing.
- The ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore processor provides unprecedented levels of performance and power efficiency making it an ideal solution for designs requiring high performance in low power or thermally constrained cost-sensitive devices.
- The Cortex-A5 MPCore processor is the most energy efficient, lowest cost processor capable of delivering the Internet to the widest possible range of devices, from entry-level smartphones, low cost handsets and smart mobile devices, through to pervasive embedded, consumer and industrial devices.
- The power-efficient ARM11™ processor family is widely used in smartphones, consumer, home and embedded applications. It delivers a range of performance points from 350 MHz in small area designs up to 1 GHz in speed optimized designs in 45 and 65 nm.
- Mali-400 MP is the world's first OpenGL® ES 2.0 conformant embedded multi-core GPU. It provides 2D and 3D acceleration with performance scalable up to 1080p resolutions and beyond, while maintaining ARM leadership on power and bandwidth efficiency.
- The Mali-300 GPU draws on the architectural benefits of the Mali-400 MP GPU and includes an 8KB L2 cache for power-efficient delivery of high performance embedded graphics. It is designed to support OpenGL ES 2.0, making immersive gaming and High Definition (HD) user interfaces a reality in mainstream consumer devices.
ARM designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. ARM’s comprehensive product offering includes 32-bit RISC microprocessors, graphics processors, video engines, enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. Combined with comprehensive design services, training, support and maintenance, and the company’s broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies.
- Find out more about ARM and ARM products by following these links: ARM website: http://www.arm.com/products/
- ARM Connected Community: http://www.arm.com/community/
- Mali Developer Center www.malideveloper.com
- ARM Blogs: http://blogs.arm.com/
Shanghai InfoTM Micro-electronics focuses on developing SoC and solutions for consumer media devices.
Search Silicon IP
Arm Ltd Hot IP
- AllWinner Technology Selects ARM Cortex CPU and Mali GPU Technologies To Bring Integrated SoC To Android OS-Based, Connected Consumer Devices
- New Arm technologies enable safety-capable computing solutions for an autonomous future
- Cadence to Optimize Digital Full Flow and Verification Suite for Arm Cortex-A78 and Cortex-X1 CPU Mobile Device Development
- Synopsys and Arm Collaborate to Enable Tapeouts by Early Adopters of Arm's Latest Premium Mobile Processors
- Arm announces new suite of IP for premium mobile experiences
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|