Bluespec High-Level Synthesis Toolset is Selected by Hitachi
Waltham, Mass. – June 6, 2011 - Bluespec, Inc. announced today that the Bluespec high-level synthesis toolset for development of system-on-a chip (SoC) designs has been selected by Hitachi, Ltd. It will be used for the system design and verification of LSIs for ultra high-speed, high-capacity communication network products.
"We have selected Bluespec to improve design quality and productivity. Though we have been using C/SystemC-based high-level synthesis tools, and intend to continue to use them so as to receive their benefits, we are not fully satisfied with them. We believe the concept and methodology of both the Bluespec language and toolset provide us with better choices for addressing the challenges we now face," said Hideya Sato, General Manager of Telecommunications & Network Systems Division at Hitachi, Ltd. "In addition, we expect that Bluespec has the potential to extend our capabilities and skills for hardware design."
"Hitachi had been tracking Bluespec technology before it entered the Japanese market with Cybernet. Our cross-collaboration helped accelerate this selection," said Kensaku Wada, General Manager of LSI Solution Department EDA division, at Cybernet Systems Co., Ltd. "They evaluated the Bluespec hardware description language features, comparing them with both C-based design and HDL design in order to identify where Bluespec might fit in the design tool chain. Based on this, Bluespec's rule-based design and leading-edge approach were acclaimed for enhancing Hitachi's manufacturing technology. We believe Bluespec will contribute to their innovation activities regarding the productivity and quality of hardware designs."
"We are happy to announce that Hitachi has selected Bluespec for the modeling and implementation of communication network systems," said Charlie Hauck, chief executive officer of Bluespec, Inc. "Similar to what we are seeing in other market segments, the advanced control and interconnect of the latest generation of communication networks overwhelm the capabilities of C-to-RTL synthesis tools, creating more and more opportunities for Bluespec to work with tier 1 customers like Hitachi."
Bluespec is The Synthesizable Modeling Company™. With Bluespec, models and test benches can be synthesized along with legacy IP to employ emulation much earlier for modeling, verification and early software development. Bluespec makes emulation much easier, more affordable, and deployable from concept to volume silicon. With the only solutions built on atomic transactions, proven technology for managing and simplifying large-scale hardware concurrency, Bluespec provides the only general-purpose, high-level synthesis toolset for any use model (models, testbenches, production IP) and design type (datapath, control, interconnect). More information can be found on www.bluespec.com or by calling (781) 250-2200.
About Cybernet Systems
Cybernet Systems is one of the leading providers of analysis and simulation software for a wide variety of industries and educational/R&D institutions. It provides a wide range of cutting-edge technology software solutions in technological computation fields, especially related to CAE. It provides software, educational services, technical support and consulting services in various businesses and application fields such as electric, transportation and precision equipment, machinery, and educational and research institutes. It responds to diverse customer needs by promoting a wide range of world-class CAE software for structural, acoustic, mechanical, control system, communications system, illumination analyses, signal processing and optical design. Cybernet Systems has contracts with over 2,500 corporations, as well as with a large number of governmental agencies, universities and research institutions throughout Japan. For more information, see www.cybernet.co.jp.
Search Silicon IP
- Bluespec High-Level Synthesis Toolset is Selected by Fujitsu
- Bluespec High-Level Synthesis Toolset is Selected by Panasonic
- Bluespec's High-Level Synthesis Toolset is Selected by Mercury Computer Systems for Creation of Next Generation Advanced Computing IP
- Hitachi Information & Communication Engineering Selects Forte's High-Level Synthesis Software
- Forte Design Systems' SystemC High-Level Synthesis Selected for Fujitsu Semiconductor's ASIC Reference Flow
- Cortus Launches ULYSS automotive MCU family
- Infineon's HYPERRAM™ 3.0 memory and Autotalks' 3rd generation chipset drive next-generation automotive V2X applications
- Q1 2023 Global Semiconductor Equipment Billings Grow 9% Year-Over-Year, SEMI Reports
- Computex 2023 Reveals Taiwan's Critical Role in AI
- Leading Aerospace and Defense Company purchases Interlaken IP core from Comcores
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Arm SystemReady surpasses 100 certifications, driving standardization where it matters
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|