Bangalore, India -- June 27, 2011 - iWave Systems Technologies, a leading embedded design house headquartered in Bangalore announces a High performance, Low power, low cost single board computer based on Freescale's i.MX51 (ARM Cortex-A8) 800MHz Multimedia processor.
This board is iWave's latest addition to its growing family of multimedia focused products offering high performance processing with a high degree of functional integration, aimed at the growing Healthcare/Industrial HMI Display and Automotive Infotainment based markets. The board will support the major operating system including Windows Embedded Compact 7/WinCE 6.0 R3, Android 2.1 and Linux OS platforms.
"This low cost board is suitable for low power, high performance embedded computing requirements and ideal solution for advance HMI, Industry automation, remote monitoring and panel PC applications. Also any customization of the board can be quickly done by iWave with minimal NRE charges in very short time" said Immanuel, Associate Director of iWave Systems.
The key features of this board are i.MX51 / 800MHz processor includes 3D and 2D graphics, 1080i video processing, on board 128MB DDR2 RAM, 128MB NAND Flash, 10/100Mbps Ethernet port, Standard SD slot, VGA display port, Audio IN/OUT ports, UART and USB Host ports. Besides this, the board also has the option to support the WVGA 7" LCD TFT LCD panel with resistive touch and the 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi module.
- Processor: i.MX51 ARM Cortex A8 800MHz CPU
- RAM: 128MB
- ROM: 128MB
- On Board Peripherals: 10/100Mbps Ethernet-1 Port ,RS232 Serial-1 port , USB 2.0 Host-2 ports , SD Slot-1 port , Audio Jacks-IN/OUT , VGA display-1 port
- Power Input: 5V, 2A DC
- Form Factor: 100mmx72mm - Pico ITX
The board with the above mentioned default configuration with commercial grade operation, costs about 140USD at FOB origin with the minimum order volume of 1000 Nos with Linux OS. The higher memory configuration and additional peripherals of the board with industrial grade operation can be supported with quick customization with very minimum NRE charges by iWave.
Advantages by going with iWave solution:
- iWave is recognized alliance partner of Freescale Semiconductor
- iWave's various i.MX based platforms supports multiple Operating systems with the optimized platform BSP software: Windows Embedded Compact 7/WinCE 6.0 R3, Android 2.1, Linux and QNX/VxWorks OS platforms
- iWave accomplished 14 different product designs using various Freescales's i.MX Application processors in different domains like Medical/Health Care, Remote Monitoring/Industrial Automation, HMI, Digital Signage and Automotive Infotainment etc.. Read more about iWave's i.MX expertise http://www.iwavesystems.com/iwave_freescale_case_study.pdf
- iWave worked on vast components profiles for more than hundreds of complex embedded hardware designs in last decade and the experience helped to bring the BOM cost at very optimum.
- iWave offers off the shelf SOM modules and optimized Platform Software which is proven across many product designs
- With the above experience, iWave can offer quick customization services around various i.MX platform based designs.
About iWave Systems:
iWave Systems Technologies, established in 1999, focusing on Embedded Technologies works on Embedded Hardware, FPGA and Software. It designs and develops cutting edge products and solutions. iWave Systems has won the confidence of its valuable customers over the globe, by being their reliable partner in development of innovative products. iWave's expertise has brought out multiple SOMs based out of Freescale i.MX, PowerPC, Intel Atom, Marvell and Texas Instruments. iWave's IPs and Custom design Services focus to cater to Industrial, Automotive and Medical Healthcare industries, across the globe. And support the customers in achieving their time to market objective by using hardware and software IP cores and SOMs. iWave is an award winner of the Microsoft Partner Excellence Award and supports "Windows Embedded / Linux / Android" OS environments. iWave Systems is headquartered in "Bangalore - India" with offices in Tokyo and Munich. For more information about iWave and its services please visit www.iwavesystems.com