Arrow Electronics' Custom Logic Solutions Group Expands ARM Cortex Processor Portfolio to Deliver a Cost-Effective Range of Turnkey ASICs
The Custom Logic Solutions group of Arrow Electronics is uniquely positioned to enable customers to maintain identical ARM implementation across FPGAs, structured ASICs or standard-cell ASICs
August 11, 2011 -- MELVILLE, N.Y.--Arrow Electronics, Inc. (NYSE:ARW) today announced its Custom Logic Solutions group has expanded its multiyear agreement with ARM (http://www.arm.com) that adds additional processors to its portfolio of ARM® cores, interconnect, peripherals and supporting tools. In addition to lower risk, reduced development time and lower costs, Arrow Electronics’ Custom Logic Solutions group’s complete ASIC offering, coupled with its extensive ARM IP portfolio, provides customers with the flexibility needed to move their ASIC designs quickly from concept to production.
“With three decades of turnkey ASIC design success, including 10 years of integrating a range of ARM processors into ASIC platforms, we have demonstrated expertise and longevity that are valued by our customer base”
The agreement adds processors from the ARM Cortex™-A, Cortex-M and Cortex-R series to the Arrow Electronics’ Custom Logic Solutions group’s established portfolio of ARM Cortex-M1, ARM7™, ARM9™, ARM11™ processors and the ARM Mali™ family of graphic processor units.
“With three decades of turnkey ASIC design success, including 10 years of integrating a range of ARM processors into ASIC platforms, we have demonstrated expertise and longevity that are valued by our customer base,” said Thomas Colino, director of global marketing for the Custom Logic Solutions group at Arrow Electronics. “The expansion of our ARM portfolio allows us to provide ASIC customers with Arrow Electronics’ complete lifecycle management support for a broader array of applications.”
To complement its ASIC design experience that includes precision analog applications through complex digital high-performance system-on-chips, Arrow Electronics’ Custom Logic Solutions group offers a unique IP access model for customers who want to incorporate mainstream ARM processors across a variety of platforms. This approach allows customers with a consistent migration path to deploy identical ARM cores and subsystems across FPGA, structured ASIC or standard-cell ASIC designs for prototyping through high-volume production uses – preserving significant software investments as existing designs develop.
“ARM has worked closely with Arrow CLS to optimize its growing portfolio of ARM technology and support customers who require ASIC solutions,” said Eric Schorn vice president of marketing, Processor Division, ARM. “By leveraging ARM’s experience in the ASIC, ASSP and microcontroller markets, as well as ARM processor IP, development kits and industry-leading development tools, Arrow CLS is delivering significant value to OEMs."
“From deploying a low-power energy-efficient ARM Cortex-M0 processor or an ARM7 processor into a mixed-signal ASIC, to designing in a high-performance ARM Cortex-A5 processor for an advanced system-on-chip, this ARM portfolio complements our capability to meet our customers’ needs,” said Colino.
About Arrow Electronics
Arrow Electronics (www.arrow.com/) is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Headquartered in Melville, N.Y., Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 1,200 suppliers and 115,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 340 locations in 52 countries.
Search Silicon IP
- Rockchip Licenses a Wide Range of ARM IP for Turnkey Solution Targeting Mass Market, Cost-Effective Android Tablets
- ARM Expands Unmatched Real-Time Cortex Processor Portfolio for Use in Mobile Baseband, Mass Storage and Automotive Applications
- LSI Logic expands ZSP portfolio with cost-effective, configurable DSP standard product
- Arm Mali-G77 GPU named Best Processor IP in The Linley Group's Analysts' Choice Awards
- Introducing Intel's New Network and Custom Logic Group
- TSMC May 2023 Revenue Report
- TSMC Announces the Opening of Advanced Backend Fab 6, Marking a Milestone in the Expansion of 3DFabric™ System Integration Technology
- Cortus Launches ULYSS automotive MCU family
- Infineon's HYPERRAM™ 3.0 memory and Autotalks' 3rd generation chipset drive next-generation automotive V2X applications
- Q1 2023 Global Semiconductor Equipment Billings Grow 9% Year-Over-Year, SEMI Reports
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Computex 2023 Reveals Taiwan's Critical Role in AI
- Arm SystemReady surpasses 100 certifications, driving standardization where it matters
- Cortus Launches ULYSS automotive MCU family
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|