AuthenTec Enhances VPN Security on New NEC LifeTouch Android Tablets
MELBOURNE, Fla., September 14, 2011 – AuthenTec (NASDAQ: AUTH), a leading provider of security and identity management solutions, today announced that NEC Corporation (NEC) has chosen its QuickSec VPN Client solution for enterprise-class security in its new LifeTouch® NOTE models for business and LifeTouch Security Pack Android tablet modelsto be launched in Japan. AuthenTec’s Android VPN solution supports critical VPN features for LifeTouch users and is compatible with a wide variety of networking devices, including all major VPN gateways.
"Our partnership with AuthenTec enabled us to add an important layer of enterprise-class security to our new LifeTouch NOTE and Security Pack tablet models," said Kazuo Nishidai, Vice President and Executive General Manager Personal Solutions Operations Unit at NEC Corporation. "AuthenTec has a proven track record of VPN security for Android devices, and their mobile VPN client was a natural choice for our newest Android tablet, ensuring end-to-end VPN security for tablet users and compatibility with the networks to which they connect.”
"Our collaboration with NEC expands on the growing number of Android platforms that use our QuickSec VPN solution and underscores our commitment to providing complete security solutions for the mobile market,” said Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Vice President of AuthenTec Embedded Security Solutions. “NEC understands the importance of providing robust VPN security in these business-oriented LifeTouch tablets, and we appreciate the opportunity to provide secure communication through our proven and highly interoperable VPN solution for Android.”
The newest additions to the LifeTouch series of tablets incorporate several security features to ensure secure connections between mobile users and corporate networks. The LifeTouch Security Pack is an Android device positioned between computers and mobile phones, offering performance and mobility comparable to both.
AuthenTec‘s Mobile VPN Client for Android is a complete Mobile VPN solution tailored specifically for Android phones and tablets, and is based on AuthenTec’s widely deployed QuickSec technology. This VPN client solution has been thoroughly tested and proven for interoperability with all major VPN gateways and comes with an easily customizable user interface. QuickSec VPN Client for Android is robust enough for enterprise VPN access but as straightforward for phone and tablet users as entering a password or PIN. Some of the key features include complete IPsec, Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and above, IPv6, IKEv2 with MOBIKE, Xauth, EAP-based authentication, and split tunneling support.
AuthenTec offers complete security solutions for handset makers, mobile operators, and rich content providers, including fingerprint sensor hardware, identity management software and embedded security. The Company has shipped more than 13 million fingerprint sensors for use in wireless devices and its offering includes the world’s smallest navigation and fingerprint matching device for mobile phones. AuthenTec’s proven embedded security offering includes its DRM Fusion™ Agent which supports multiple industry standards, and is available as a complete pre-integrated or downloadable solution for Android- and Apple iOS-based handsets.
AuthenTec is the world’s #1 provider of fingerprint sensors, identity management software, and embedded security solutions. AuthenTec solutions address enterprise, consumer and government applications for a growing base of top tier global customers. Already shipped on hundreds of millions of devices, the Company's smart sensor products, software and embedded security solutions are used virtually everywhere, from the PC on your desk to the mobile device in your hand to the server in the cloud. AuthenTec offers developers and users secure and convenient ways to manage today's rapidly evolving digital identities and security needs. For more information, visit www.authentec.com
Search Silicon IP
- Samsung Selects AuthenTec's VPN Security to Enhance Enterprise Security in New Android Smartphones & Tablets
- AuthenTec to Demonstrate DRM and VPN Client Security at Mobile World Congress 2011
- AuthenTec Enhances Embedded Security of AppliedMicro's New PacketPro Multicore Embedded Processor Family
- Siemens enhances Nucleus ReadyStart for Arm platforms with enhanced debug, security and stability features
- Lattice's New MachX03D FPGA Enhances Security with Hardware Root-of-Trust Capabilities
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- China forms its own chiplet standard amid isolation
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|