September 21, 2011 -- GSA Releases August Statistics from its Global Semiconductor Funding, IPO and M&A Update, including:
- In August, six semiconductor companies raised $65.3 million, down 20.0% from the $81.6 million raised in July 2011. August’s funding total decreased year-over-year (YoY) at a rate of 17.3%.
- In August, all company segments garnered funding.
- For the third consecutive month, zero semiconductor companies priced. August saw only one semiconductor company file for an initial public offering -- M/A-COM Technology Solutions Holdings, Inc.
- When looking at the closing stock prices posted on August 31 for those companies that priced in 2011, with the exception of Ingenic Semiconductor, zero companies posted a higher stock price than their offer price.
- In August, the number of semiconductor mergers and acquisitions (M&As) announced (i.e., M&As of entire fabless, IDM and semiconductor supplier companies, not sectors/product lines or foundry facilities) decreased by eight MoM and three YoY.
When: Now available at http://www.gsaglobal.org/publications/fundings/index.asp
The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) mission is to accelerate the growth and increase the return on invested capital of the global semiconductor industry by fostering a more effective ecosystem through collaboration, integration and innovation. It addresses the challenges within the supply chain including IP, EDA/design, wafer manufacturing, test and packaging to enable industry-wide solutions. Providing a platform for meaningful global collaboration, the Alliance identifies and articulates market opportunities, encourages and supports entrepreneurship, and provides members with comprehensive and unique market intelligence. Members include companies throughout the supply chain representing 25 countries across the globe. www.gsaglobal.org