Beijing, China -- November 25, 2011 -- HyperSilicon, a leading supplier of the SOC prototype system, today release its number 10 type of board, StarFire-E820. As the development of the IC industry, nowadays the logic capacity become bigger and bigger than before for SOC design, along with that, the Logic Elements of the FPGA prototype is growing up quickly also. For the verification requirement of middle size SOC prototype, especially each divided parts of a SOC, one high performance with lower cost FPGA board become necessary, which should has the better capability and be easier to use. Target for this requirement, Hypersilicon release the StarFire-E820 FPGA prototype board.
Hypersilicon are good at the application of the Altera's FPGA devices. It not only supply the industry leading high end SOC prototype boards, but also supply the prototype solution for the middle size SOC prototype. Then the E820 is fit to the medium sized SOC and ASIC prototype.
Features of E820:
- Adopt an Altera Stratix IV EP4SE820H40(EP3SL340H40/EP4SE530H40 compatible), meet at least 8.2 milion ASIC gates verification.
- DDR3-Sodimm expansion slot to provide user the DDR3 memory. Meanwhile, Hypersilicon provide the DDR/DDR2 daughter boards which can be extended through the DDR3-Sodimm slot.
- Both JTAG and FPP modes to Config/download the FPGA. Reserved USB download interface can be used to achieve the high-speed configuration.
- high-speed SAMTEC connectors ensuring the daughter board extension, 2 IDE40 hard disk data interface.
- 8 LEDs,8 Swiths,4 RST, 2 SYS RST, 1 UART socket, 1 NAND FLASH, 1 NOR FLASH, 1 SD card socket on the board.
- Clock source:
- Standard 27MHz crystal oscillator on board
- 2 configurable external clock on baord
- 2 SMA connectors for clock input
- 4 USB interfaces (1 MiniUSB for Host/Device,2 USB-A for USB-Host,1 for FPGA config)
- Multiple daughter boards of Hypersilicon can be chosen，Altera HSMC daughter boards are also connectable.
The price of E820 FPGA prototype board is $9,999.00. Hypersilicon would bring the highest ratio of performance over price with E820 to help our customers to cut the time to market of their SOC and ASICs.
HyperSilicon Co., Ltd., founded in 2003, is a private high-tech company in China. We have two offices in Beijing and Shanghai.
As the first partner of Altera Corporation in China, Hypersilicon supply the FPGA-based rapid prototype boards to the SOC, ASIC and IP design houses, we help our customers decrease the time to market greatly for various SOC, ASIC and IP products.
In the mean time, we are agent of Accelicon, Commsonic, IPGoal, Kilopass and SiliconOcean for the EDA tool and IP sales in the China market.