December 16, 2011
GSA Releases November/11M Statistics from its Global Semiconductor Funding, IPO and M&A Update, including:
- In November 2011, seven semiconductor companies raised $22.2 million, the same amount as October 2011. November’s funding total decreased year-over-year (YoY) at a rate of 73.8% (Note: Three semiconductor companies did not disclose funding amounts in November 2011; compared to one in October 2011 and three in November 2010.)
- For the first 11 months of 2011, 79 semiconductor deals raised $988.2 million, a dollar amount decrease of 16.3% YoY.
- November saw three semiconductor companies price—Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation (PSE: CHIPS), Intermolecular Inc. (NASDAQ: IMI) and InvenSense Inc. (NYSE: INVN).
- In November 2011, the number of semiconductor mergers and acquisitions (M&As) announced (i.e., M&As involving entire fabless, IDM and semiconductor supplier companies, not sectors/product lines or foundry facilities) decreased by two MoM and by eight YoY.
- For the first eleven months of 2011, 98 semiconductor M&A deals were announced, an 8.4% decrease YoY.
Now available at http://www.gsaglobal.org/publications/fundings/index.asp
The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) mission is to accelerate the growth and increase the return on invested capital of the global semiconductor industry by fostering a more effective ecosystem through collaboration, integration and innovation. It addresses the challenges within the supply chain including IP, EDA/design, wafer manufacturing, test and packaging to enable industry-wide solutions. Providing a platform for meaningful global collaboration, the Alliance identifies and articulates market opportunities, encourages and supports entrepreneurship, and provides members with comprehensive and unique market intelligence. Members include companies throughout the supply chain representing 30 countries across the globe. www.gsaglobal.org