Technologies on display include software-based modems for wireless communication and DTV demodulation; software-based solutions for ISP, vision and video applications; audio post-processing and voice pre-processing. Visit CEVA at Stand 1F33, Hall 1
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 07, 2012-- CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA); (LSE: CVA), the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores for the mobile handset, portable and consumer electronics markets, today announced that it will demonstrate its leadership in mobile DSP technology for advanced communications and multimedia applications at Mobile World Congress 2012. At the Congress, CEVA will also showcase a wide range of smartphones, feature phones, tablets and other mobile computing devices that are powered by CEVA DSPs, illustrating the company's position as the world's #1 DSP architecture deployed in mobile devices. Today, CEVA's DSPs power 42%^ of the world's cellular processors, and have shipped in more than 2 billion handsets to date.
Platforms on display at CEVA's stand will include:
- Virtual Mouse, Touch-Free Interface - Together with CEVAnet partner eyeSight, CEVA will demonstrate eyePoint, a virtual mouse interface, combining finger tracking with face detection for mobile devices, running on the CEVA-MM3101 development platform.
- Video Stabilizer – CEVA will demonstrate a software-based video stabilizer running on the CEVA-MM3101development platform.
- Software-based LTE Baseband - Together with CEVA-XCnet partner mimoOn, CEVA will demonstrate a live 20Mbps transport of HD video streams over LTE using MIMO2*2 and 64QAM. This LTE UE demonstration is powered by the CEVA-XC DSP and based on a commercially available solution, now in production with leading wireless vendors.
- Software-based DTV Demodulation - Together with CEVA-XCnet partner Idea! Electronic Systems, CEVA will demonstrate its multi-standard software-based demodulation solution with a live demonstration of ISDB-T signals running on the new CEVA-XC silicon-based software development kit.
- Scene Analysis and Face Detection - CEVA will demonstrate a range of process-intensive video pre and post processing features running on the CEVA-MM3101 platform, including face detection and tracking, cropping and scaling.
- Audio Post-Processing - CEVA will demonstrate speaker correction audio post-processing with a CEVAnet partner, optimized for the CEVA-TeakLite-III DSP.
- Voice Pre-Processing - Together with CEVAnet partner Alango, CEVA will demonstrate an advanced audio beam forming and noise reduction on the CEVA-TeakLite-III DSP, showing use-cases for smartphones and tablets.
- Dolby Mobile DM3+ - CEVA will demonstrate Dolby's latest mobile audio post-processing, Dolby Mobile 3+, optimized for the CEVA-TeakLite-III DSP.
- 3D Video - Multiview Video Coding (MVC) demo - CEVA will demonstrate its MVC decoder with stereoscopic view (3D) in HD resolution, implemented fully in software on the CEVA-MM3000 platform.
Mobile World Congress 2012 takes place in Barcelona, Spain from February 27th through March 1st. CEVA will be located at stand 1F33 in Hall 1. To request a meeting with CEVA at Mobile World Congress 2012, please email email@example.com.
About CEVA, Inc.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP cores and platform solutions for the mobile handset, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA's IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for cellular baseband (2G / 3G / 4G), multimedia (HD video, Image Signal Processing (ISP) and HD audio), voice over packet (VoP), Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2011, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 1 billion devices, powering handsets from 7 out of the top 8 handset OEMs, including Nokia, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sony and ZTE. Today, more than 40% of handsets shipped worldwide are powered by a CEVA DSP core. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com.
^Source: Strategy Analytics – Baseband Market Share Tracker, January 2012