Real-Time Video Engine and Display Platforms Showcase How Broadcast Engineers Can Build Better Systems and Get to Market Faster
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 9, 2012 -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced its attendance at the National Association of Broadcasters Show (NAB), Booth #N4319, April 14-19 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, where it will unveil and demonstrate programmable platforms for building the next generation of broadcast video production equipment.
Las Vegas, NV, Las Vegas Convention Center, Booth #N4319
Conferences – April 14 – 19, 2012
| || |
Exhibition – April 16 – 19, 2012
Booth presentations and demonstrations featuring the latest 28nm Kintex™-7 and Virtex®-7 field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) and Zynq™-7000 extensible processing platform (EPP) will showcase Xilinx's mission to provide the broadcast equipment industry with an end-to-end suite of solutions across the video production chain from acquisition, contribution, distribution to consumption.
With its high-bandwidth connectivity and processing capabilities increasing with each new generation, Xilinx® programmable logic devices are driving video production and transmission systems in everything from cameras, video routers, switchers, multi-viewers, and displays. As the new market dynamics faced by broadcasters puts pressure upon equipment makers to build higher performance systems that are affordable and consume lower power, engineers face new processing and connectivity challenges. Visitors at Xilinx's booth can see demonstrations that highlight how programmable platforms can help engineers overcome these challenges including:
- Real Time Video Engine – Updated and now targeted to the 28nm Kintex-7 FPGA family
- 4K Display Targeted Design Platform – A comprehensive development platform to kick start digital cinema and 4K display system development
- Edge QAM Targeted Design Platform – A dense CATV transmission reference design and platform entering beta and available soon through RADX, an Xilinx Alliance Program member
- Video Over IP (SMPTE2022) – A complete reference design for the transmission of uncompressed video over 10 Gbps networks
- VCXO Removal – Enabling broadcast engineers to dramatically reduce BOM cost by removing the need for external VCXOs
- Zynq-7000 EPP – Platform illustrating how image processing edge detection algorithms can be offloaded to an FPGA in support of 1080p/60 video, ideal for many camera applications
"Now more than ever, broadcast equipment designers face stiff competitive pressure not only from their peers but also from an industry that's rapidly changing," said Ben Runyan, director of broadcast and consumer segment marketing at Xilinx. "Our platforms and reference designs enable engineering teams to shorten design cycles, reuse existing designs, because of the programmability of our products, which ultimately improves their productivity. Xilinx's programmable solutions also provide the flexibility to address changing industry needs and standards."
About NAB Show
The NAB Show, held annually in Las Vegas, is the world's largest electronic media show covering filmed entertainment and the development, management and delivery of content across all mediums. With nearly 90,000 attendees from 151 countries and more than 1,500 exhibitors, the NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, the NAB Show is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways.
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of programmable platforms. For more information, visit: http://www.xilinx.com/broadcast/.