High performance dual-issue, out-of-order, 7-stage pipeline superscalar core
Marquise Technologies partners with Barco Silex for real-time JPEG2000 encoding
Geneva, Switzerland – April 24, 2012 -- Marquise Technologies announced today the partnership with Barco Silex, provider of real-time JPEG2000 encoding technology for the brand new DCI mastering features of the DI deck MIST.
The Barco Silex DCPB-2100 board integrated into MIST allows the encoding and decoding of JPEG2000 images for DCP packaging at 2K DCI and 4K DCI resolutions. Thanks to the tremendous acceleration provided by the Barco board, real-time encoding and play-back is reached without any compromise on the quality of the delivery.
"We are excited to have our PCIe boards integrated in Marquise Technologies’ products. The astonishing image quality provided by JPEG 2000 is made easily available through our DCPB-2000 series. We are confident that our joint solution will bring DCP creation to the high level of performances expected by the market" comments Thierry Pauwels, Marketing and Sales Support at Barco Silex
“As DCI mastering is becoming a cornerstone in every post-production facility, it was important for us that MIST can handle the task in the most elegant, fast and with the highest quality possible. Barco Silex JPEG2000 acceleration hardware allows us to deliver the product customers expect, by meeting the highest demands” says Laurence Stoll, CEO at Marquise Technologies.
The Barco Silex board is integrated in MIST DCI Mastering and MIST i/o DCI Mastering turn-key solutions, allowing real-time encoding in 2K. 4K Encoding is available as an option.
Technologies Marquise Technologies designs state-of-the-art solutions for the post-production and the television broadcast industry. The company addresses post-production facilities and digital film labs, and provides them with high-end solutions for image processing, data conforming, color grading, restoration and finishing. For more information on Marquise Technologies, please visit the website www.marquise-tech.com.
About Barco Silex
Barco Silex is a leader in contract engineering services, custom hardware and software development, as well as Intellectual Property (IP). Thanks to its continued stream of aggressive innovations, Barco Silex stays ahead of the competition. Barco Silex’s history as a custom electronic design house (ASIC, FPGA, DSP, Board) specialized in video coding, cryptography, security and memory controllers goes back to 1991, offering the best guarantee for continuous support throughout the complete lifecycle of products. For more information about Barco Silex: www.barco-silex.com
Search Silicon IP
- Barco Silex demonstrates Viper OEM solution for real-time 4K Video networking at ISE 2017
- Compound Photonics Partners with GLOBALFOUNDRIES to Manufacture World's First Monolithic Microdisplay for Real-Time AR
- Allegro DVT Introduces the Industry First Real-Time AV1 Video Encoder Hardware IP for 4K/UHD Video Encoding Applications
- V-Nova and NGCodec ship industry's lowest cost real-time UHD encoding
- Barco Silex Partners with Intrinsic ID for North American Representation
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|