Grenoble, France -- June 13, 2012 -- Dolphin Integration, the leader in virtual components of logic and mixed signal IP for high-performance and power-optimized subsystems, will release LogiWare™, the latest innovation for standard cell libraries at TSMC Symposium, in Amsterdam, on June 19, 2012.
Today’s logic blocks tend to be comprised of at least 40% of sequential logic synthesized from an RTL description with Flip Flops and latches. The first challenge addressed by Dolphin was to revisit the Complex cell Set Libraries (CCSL) thanks to the drastic improvements brought by the RCSL concept: Reduced Cell Stem libraries.
The next challenge raised by the integration of these thousands of registers, was for optimizing and structuring such widespread loose pieces as scattered registers, register files and register banks: the breakthrough is named LogiWare™.
LogiWare™ is built on two major innovations:
- A library of synthesizable models (RTL in verilog-HDL) configured for multiple asynchronous-read ports and offered together with the patented Dolphin’s Ultra High Density Standard Cell Library SESAME. Not only the density of synthesized registers thus is improved by 10% to 20% depending on technological processes, but the readability of the design makes debugging sharply easier.
- The CARME generator provides the instances for compacting the design when replacing these standard cell based registers. Indeed, as CARME instances are track-compatible and share the same behavior as synthesized registers, they enables the seamless replacement of synthesized registers by bit-cell based registers. Such registers improve speed significantly – depending on the design - and increase density at least twice compared to synthesized registers.
LogiWare™ reverses the traditional approach of synthesized registers so as to enable users to benefit from:
- A freedom of implementation choice, as designers can start using synthesizable models and later decide to switch for hard macros called from CARME generator.
- An increased flexibility, as both synthesizable models and CARME generator are configurable for multiple read ports. Also, portability is possible to many process flavors and foundries as CARME generator is designed with a proprietary bit-cell.
- An optimization of designs, for those who want to improve speed but also even further the logic density, LogiWare™ promises the freedom of synthesizable registers with the optimization of performances from a custom memory design. What is much more, CARME features the capability to operate down to 0.81 V at 65 nm LP process.
- A structured RTL design, as LogiWare™ enables to structure registers as “packs” to facilitate RTL engineering.
LogiWare™ is first released for the 65 nm technological process.
For immediate acquaintance with the return of this product, meet us at TSMC Symposium or contact firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also get access to the presentation sheets of CARME and LogiWare™ on Dolphin Integration website
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration is up to their charter as the most adaptive and lasting creator in the Microelectronics Design Industry to "enable mixed signal Systems-on-Chip". It stars a quality management stimulating reactivity for innovation as well as independence and partnerships with Foundries. Their current mission is to supply worldwide customers with fault-free, high-yield and reliable sets of CMOS Virtual Components, such as mixed signal high-resolution converters for audio and measurement applications, Libraries of memories and standard cells, Power management networks, Microcontrollers. The strategy is to follow product launches with evolutions addressing future needs, emphasizing resilience to noise and drastic reductions of power-consumption at SoC level, thanks to their own missing EDA solutions enabling Support Engineering with Application Hardware Modeling as well as early Power and Noise assessment, plus engineering assistance for Risk Control.