Sonics Names Mark McMillan as Vice President of Worldwide Sales
Accomplished Technology Leader Takes Company’s Top Sales Post to Drive World-Class System IP Business to the Cloud
Milpitas, Calif., – July 9, 2012 – Sonics, Inc.®, the leading supplier of system IP for cloud-scale SoCs, today announced the appointment of Mark McMillan as the company’s new vice president of worldwide sales. McMillan will be responsible for expanding the company’s global customer base with system and semiconductor companies focused on designs for cloud-connected devices. McMillan will report to Grant Pierce, Sonics’ President and CEO, and will be based in the company’s headquarters in Milpitas, Calif.
For the last two years, McMillan served as vice president of worldwide sales and marketing at Bsquare Corporation, a leading enabler of smart, connected devices headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Prior to that, McMillan led the successful growth of several technology companies serving as CEO and in other senior sales capacities. From 2008 to 2010, he was CEO and Founder of Global IPR Exchange Corp., an electronic exchange designed to provide liquidity to the transactional patent license market.
Previously, McMillan served as executive vice president of worldwide sales for Smith Micro Software, Inc., a developer of mobile applications and solutions for the communications industry. From 1999 to 2007, McMillan held various roles at Insignia Solutions, PLC, a public embedded software company specializing in embedded Java and mobile device management solutions, including chief executive officer, president, chief operations officer, executive vice president of sales and senior vice president of sales. From 1996-1999. McMillan served as vice president and general manager of North America operations for Phoenix Technologies.
“We are pleased to welcome Mark as a key contributor to the executive team and look forward to his business insights, customer expertise and proven track record of helping to build thriving companies,” said Pierce. “As an industry pioneer and IP market leader for the last 16 years, Sonics is once again entering an exciting phase of growth and innovation as we help our customers scale to the cloud. Mark’s decades of leadership and deep expertise in the mobile market will be invaluable to Sonics as we expand our global footprint and team with existing and new customers to design any cloud-connected device in the market today.”
“Sonics is solving the most difficult design challenges on-chip today, and in doing so, is helping to meet the insatiable demand for advanced SOCs that are powering the cloud-computing revolution,” said McMillan. “Innovative, powerful and efficient, multi-core processors are needed to meet consumers’ increasing expectations for high-performance, smart-connected devices. Sonics offers a unique blend of system IP and solutions that accelerate time-to-market, increase performance and significantly improve power management for complex SOCs. I’m truly excited to be joining Sonics during its amazing trajectory and look forward to working with the semiconductor leaders that will power the next-generation of cloud-based devices.”
Sonics, Inc. is the leader of system IP for cloud-scale SoCs. As a pioneer of network-on-chip (NoC) technology, Sonics offers SoC designers one of the world's largest portfolios of system IP for mobile, digital entertainment, wireless and home networking. With a broad array of silicon-proven IP, Sonics helps designers eliminate memory bottlenecks associated with complex, high-speed SoC design, streamline and unify data flows and solve persistent network challenges in embedded systems with multiple cores. Sonics has more than 110 patent properties to date and has enabled its customers to ship more than one billion chips worldwide. Founded in 1996, Sonics is headquartered in Milpitas, Calif. with offices worldwide. For more information, please visit www.sonicsinc.com, www.sonicsinc.com/blog.
Search Silicon IP
- Lattice Semiconductor Names Mark Wadlington Corporate Vice President of World Wide Sales
- BrainChip Inc Appoints Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- Codasip Welcomes Jerry Ardizzone to Executive Team as Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- Uniquify Appoints Dale Olstinske Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales
- oViCs names Jess Herrera as Vice President of Worldwide Sales & Marketing
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|