Zagreb, Croatia - July 13, 2012 - Systemcom Ltd announces an expansion of its immediately available IP (Intellectual Property) module and ASIC/ASSP product line. The latest Analog Front End for current measurement with 13-bit ADC is ready to be embedded into SoC with sensors/MEMS at its input. It is also available as ASIC/ASSP solution. This AFE at 180 nm enables to satisfy the needs of the system with high requirements in the terms of high linearity, low power consumption (ideally for battery powered devices), wide input current range and extended industrial temperature range.
SC-I-AFE-180F110 key benefits:
- Detection and measurement of low input absolute current values in the range of hundreds of picoA to 1 mA (up to 90 dB dynamic range) and measurement of current difference down to the level of tens of picoA.
- High sensitivity of the measurement thanks to wide range of current to voltage conversion ratios together with PGA (overall gain up to 1296). Analogue signal processing enables to perform high gain amplification while keeping the highest resolution.
- Current to voltage conversion features high linearity: < 0.5 LSB per gain stage for 13-bit resolution, achieved by TIA architecture.
- Embedded highly linear, low power 13-bit ADC with programmable resolution and programmable sampling rate, suitable for AFE applications with various sensor types regarding speed and sensitivity requirements.
- Built-in standard SPI interface for digital communication and incorporated FIFO buffer for ADC.
- Chip operates at supply voltages from 1.6 V to 1.8 V in the temperature range from -40°C to 125°C. Reference voltages, bandgap and current references are internally embedded.
- This AFE is designed in TSMC 180 nm technology but it can be easily migrated towards other foundries and processes. The product development strategy includes a wide choice of customization for application specifics: customizable current ranges (like high current detection up to 10 mA), rearrangement of the PGA gain, etc.
Interfacing numerous sensors with current output in various medical, industrial and consumer applications is made easy applying this IP module and/or ASIC/ASSP. It is ideally suited for photo sensing, especially usable in biomedical equipment where optical and electrochemical sensors are mostly used. For example in blood analysis devices, oxygen sensors, CO sensors, etc.
Therefore the sensor interface AFE family has huge market potential. The most attractive applications with high growing market are as follows:
- smartphones, gadgets, PCs and notebooks with built-in sensors like: accelerometer, gyroscope, pressure (+ altitude detection), temperature, gases, humidity, light, ultra-violet, proximity; then more specific like: smoke-alarm, air quality, radiation, glucose, alcohol-detector, etc.
- automotive and process control industry (proximity sensors, rain sensors, light sensors, etc.)
- energy saving & control equipment like smart meters and smart grids (electricity, water, heat, gas), solar panels management, etc.
- medical equipment and biomedical industry (various types of battery powered "home use" devices with low power requirement), telemedicine, health care
- environmental industry (agriculture, aquaculture, food, ecology with soil, air, water pollution monitoring)
The AFE product SC-I-AFE-180F110 is the latest member to Systemcom's sensor interface AFE family of current input front-ends. In addition to this new offer, Systemcom can provide customers with technical support and customization solutions on demand.
SC-I-AFE-180F110 is available now.
For more information on this solution, feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org. Product brief for all features of SC-I-AFE-180F110 is available at Design&Reuse presentation page. More information about complete offering: AFE Family
About Systemcom Ltd.
Founded in 1993, Systemcom Ltd. is a privately owned fabless design house located in Zagreb, Croatia. It supplies IC design service, IP modules and ASICs/ASSPs for worldwide customer base, not only for sensor applications, but also for other high performance analogue, mixed signal and digital ICs. The expertise in microelectronics and SW development has been achieved in the long-time collaboration with Bosch, Intel, HP & Compaq (Alpha) for more than ten years. The company is dedicated to support customers in achieving shortest time cycle from the product concept to the revenue shipment.