New half-height board delivers PCIe 3.0 x8, 40G Ethernet and DDR3 SDRAM interfaces in a complete design kit, enabling quick time-to-design
SAN JOSE, Calif.-- August 30, 2012 --PLDA, the industry leader in PCI Express® and high-speed interface IP, today announced a new board to its suite of FPGA Design Kit solutions. The PLDA XpressV7-LP provides an FPGA-based low-profile PCI Express form factor card, incorporating 40Gb of Ethernet connectivity and 8 GBytes of DDR3 SDRAM. It is delivered with PLDA’s leading PCIe 3.0 IP and optional 10G UDP/TCP stack IP, specifically optimized for the Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA.
The advanced XpressV7-LP FPGA design kit provides a complete design environment for applications using PCIe and 10GbE as their main communication interfaces. The XpressV7-LP is a highly integrated, production-ready, low-profile PCI Express FPGA card with quad-10Gb Ethernet (40GbE) engineered for both prototyping and field deployment. The PCIe and Ethernet architecture designed into the PLDA XpressV7-LP is ideal for enabling real-time network processing applications, such as financial trading and data mining.
Key features of PLDA XpressV7-LP Low Profile Board include:
- Supports PCIe 3.0 at Gen3, Gen2, Gen1 speeds, in x1, x2, x4, x8
- Features Xilinx’s 28nm Virtex-7 FPGA XC7VX690T or XC7V330T
- QSFP+, enabling 40Gb Ethernet or up to 4 x 10GbE
- Extensive onboard memory resources
- Includes PLDA’s QuickPCIe IP core - Highly configurable PCIe IP with advanced DMA and AMBA AXI4 streaming interfaces
- Optionally includes PLDA’s QuickTCP and QuickUDP IP cores – Full hardware 10G TCP and UDP stack IP with AMBA AXI4 streaming interface
- Provided with end–to-end reference designs demonstrating ultra-low latency 10G Ethernet to PCIe user space through a full hardware level 4 TCP or UDP stack
“Today’s announcement follows PLDA’s demo of PCIe 3.0 IP on a Xilinx Kintex-7 and Virtex-7 FPGA, placing PLDA in a unique position to create best-in-class PCIe and Ethernet-based solutions using Xilinx’s industry-leading FPGA products,” said Stephane Hauradou, CTO for PLDA.
Accepting orders now for delivery in October 2012
PLDA designs and sells intellectual property (IP) cores for FPGA and System-on-Chip (SoC) that aim to accelerate time-to-market for embedded electronic designers. PLDA specializes in high-speed interface protocols and technologies such as PCI, and Ethernet.
PLDA IP cores are provided with a complete set of tools, including FPGA prototyping cards, drivers and APIs, testbenches, and benefit from a global sales and support organization able to sustain over 2,000 customers worldwide.
PLDA is a global company with offices in San Jose, California, and Aix en Provence, France. For more information, visit www.plda.com.