Samsung Invests $4 Million in Carbon Design Systems, Companies Enter into Strategic Partnership
Update: ARM to Offer Cycle-Accurate Virtual Prototyping for Complex SoCs Through an Asset Acquisition from Carbon Design Systems (October 20, 2015)
Funds to be Used to Expand Reach of Fast, Accurate Virtual Prototypes
ACTON, MASS. –– September 12, 2012 –– Carbon Design Systems™ Inc., the leading supplier of virtual platform and secure model solutions, announced today that it received $4 million in investment funding from Samsung Venture Investment Corporation. Additionally, the companies have entered into a strategic partnership.
Funds from the strategic investment will be used as working capital and support Carbon's ongoing development of leading tools in the electronic system level (ESL) design space, including its fast, accurate virtual prototypes. Carbon currently offers the industry’s only unified virtual prototype that scales from 100% accuracy to hundreds of MIPS performance. Initiatives will be undertaken to expand the reach of Carbon’s fast, accurate virtual prototypes.
“Carbon’s technology helps Samsung’s development of leading-edge consumer devices,” states Jung Ho Kim, an investment manager at Samsung Venture Investment Corporation. “The strategic partnership will offer Samsung a way to more broadly expand and fast track adoption of ESL tools.”
Adds Rick Lucier, Carbon’s president and chief executive officer: “We work closely with various project groups at Samsung. Its deep technical knowledge of system-level design will be beneficial to us as we market key technologies to expand the reach of fast virtual prototypes that do not compromise accuracy.”
About Carbon Design Systems
Carbon Design Systems offers the industry’s only unified virtual prototype solution along with the leading solution for accurate IP model creation. Carbon virtual prototypes can execute at hundreds of MIPS and with 100% accuracy to enable application software development, detailed architectural analysis and secure IP model distribution. Carbon’s customers are systems, semiconductor, and IP companies that focus on wireless, networking, and consumer electronics. Carbon is headquartered at 125 Nagog Park, Acton, Mass., 01720. Telephone: (978) 264-7300. Facsimile: (978) 264-9990. Website: www.carbondesignsystems.com.
Search Silicon IP
- QuickLogic Raises Approximately $3.2 Million with Strategic Investment by Institutional Investors
- Bessemer Venture Partners Invests $15 Million in Kandou
- ClariPhy Announces $24 Million Investment, New Strategic Alliances
- Ensphere Solutions Secures $4 Million Investment from Ideavelopers
- SiMa.ai Welcomes New Investor MSD Partners Bringing Total Investment to $187 Million - SiMa.ai extends oversubscribed series B1 funding to $67 Million
- We don't compete with our customers - TSMC
- Blue Cheetah Demonstrates Industry Leading Silicon-Proven Die-to-Die Interconnect Solution for Chiplets
- Imagination launches IMG CXM, the smallest GPU to bring effortless user interfaces into homes
- PCI-SIG Certifies VectorPath Accelerator Card for PCIe Gen5 x16 @ 32 GT/s
- Apple announces multibillion-dollar deal with Broadcom for components made in the USA
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|