Silterra Released 180nm Embedded Flash Technology for Mass Production
SST SuperFlash© Technology is fully qualified
Kulim, Malaysia, Oct 12, 2012 -- SilTerra Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., a Malaysian home grown leading semiconductor wafer foundry, officially announced the production release of 0.18-micron embedded Flash technology, dubbed C18E. SilTerra has licensed SuperFlash © technology from Silicon Storage Technology Inc (SST), a leader in Flash memory technology, to co-develop and qualify the C18E embedded Flash memory technology to address the expanding microcontroller, RFID and smartcard markets. The technology is fully qualified to meet the industry recognized JEDEC standard.
The C18E technology is built on SilTerra’s proven 0.18-micron CMOS foundry matched technology together with SST’s proven split gate embedded SuperFlash technology. In addition, the C18E technology is capable of being integrated with RFCMOS and Mixed-Signal device modules to create highly programmable system-on-chip solutions.
The C18E technology with SST’s SuperFlash memory macro has been completely silicon characterized and it has also successfully demonstrated 10 years Data Retention and 100 thousand endurance cycles capability.
“I am delighted that with the production release of SST’s SuperFlash embedded Flash technology on Silterra’s proven 0.18um platform, SilTerra is now able to serve the fast-growing flash-enabled applications such as micro-controller, smartcard, RFID, touch controller across broader customer base. We thank SST team for their great support to transfer their SuperFlash technology to SilTerra, and look forward to grow our mutual businesses together.” said Yit Loong Lai, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Marketing of SilTerra.
With this achievement, SilTerra is well positioned to offer full suite of non-volatile memory solutions from OTP (One-Time-Programming), to MTP (Multiple-Time-Programming) and now embedded Flash. Moving forward, SilTerra will explore partnership with SST to expand its embedded Flash technology in BCD technology and future advanced nodes.
About SilTerra Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
SilTerra Malaysia Sdn Bhd is a semiconductor wafer foundry offering major fabrication and design support services in CMOS logic, High-Voltage, Mixed-signal, RF and MEMS technologies down to 90 nanometer feature size. SilTerra's wafer fab has a design-in capacity of 40,000 eight-inch wafers per month and currently serves customers in US, Taiwan, Korea and China.
Environmentally vigilant, SilTerra delivers award winning, world-class performance to its customers seeking flexible capacity, custom technolgies, competitive advantages and around the clock customer support. SilTerra is ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001 certified. Starting commercial production in 2001, the company's headquarters and factory are located in Malaysia's Kulim High-Tech Park, with sales and marketing offices in San Jose(California) and Hsinchu(Taiwan).
For additional information on SilTerra or its services, please visit www.silterra.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Attopsemi's I-fuse OTP IP Embedded into Melexis' Sensor ICs In Mass Production
- SST and SilTerra Announce Production Readiness of Embedded SuperFlash Macros on SilTerra's 180 nm CMOS Platform
- Infineon and GLOBALFOUNDRIES Announce Joint Development and Production Collaboration for 40nm Embedded Flash Process Technology
- Intel, Micron Extend NAND Flash Technology Leadership With Introduction of World's First 128Gb NAND Device and Mass Production of 64Gb 20nm NAND
- Infineon and TSMC Extend Technology and Production Partnership Agreement; Will Jointly Develop 65nm Embedded Flash Process Technology For Automotive and Chip Card Applications
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- VeriSilicon Obtained Bluetooth 5.3 Certification for Its Complete Bluetooth Low Energy Solution
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|