Longmont, Colorado - October 16, 2012 - IntelliProp, Inc., a leader in innovative semiconductors for Data Storage applications, announced today the availability of a licensable SATA Host Core with AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) support. The IntelliProp AHCI compliant core supports from 1 to 32 ports with SATA 6G performance and is available for integration into ASIC and FPGA designs. “We have been working with our customers to utilize our fully compliant 6.0 GB/s AHCI SATA Core for use in data storage applications for some time now and a significant number are already well into production” said Hire Patel, VP of Business Development at IntelliProp. “We want to be sure that the data storage market is aware that IntelliProp continues to lead with high performance data interfaces such as this AHCI Core,” continued Patel. Key features for the AHCI SATA Core include:
- Support for up to 32 ports
- Hardware assisted Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Supports 64-bit architectures and 64-bit system memory
- Hardware managed aggressive link power management
- SATA Superset Registers
- Embedded DMA controller per port allowing for high speed concurrent data movements.
The AHCI SATA Host Core is available today from IntelliProp, Inc. for ASIC integration and for development on the Altera and the Xilinx FPGA platforms.