New Marmalade SDK 6.1 Supports the MIPS Architecture, Bringing High-Value Content to MIPS-Based Devices
"Coconut Dodge," "Rolly Poly" and "Tonga" Games Made with Marmalade Available Now on Google Play for MIPS-Based Tablets
SUNNYVALE, Calif. - October 23, 2012 - MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for home entertainment, networking, mobile and embedded applications, and Marmalade, the cross-platform tool that lets developers create without compromise, announced that the new Marmalade Software Development Kit (SDK) 6.1 provides full support for the MIPS® architecture. Built using the SDK, several popular Android™ games, including Coconut Dodge, Rolly Poly and Tonga, are now available for MIPS-Based™ Android devices via Google Play.
Marmalade's powerful cross-platform SDK attracts many of the world's top-selling game developers including Activision, EA Mobile, PopCap, Konami, Square Enix, Namco Bandai and others. Going forward, users of MIPS-Based™ Android devices will be able to take advantage of games and apps developed using Marmalade's SDK 6.1.
"The Marmalade SDK 6.1 with MIPS support has the potential to expand the ever-growing mobile ecosystem for MIPS, and we are already seeing the results with popular games now available for MIPS-Based devices on Google Play," said Gideon Intrater, vice president of marketing, MIPS Technologies. "Given the quality and quantity of developers that use Marmalade, we look forward to seeing more great content become available for MIPS-Based devices in the coming months."
"Marmalade 6.1 gives developers the creative freedom to focus exclusively on content creation, without worrying about compatibility. Whatever developers code using 6.1 can be easily ported to multiple platforms including MIPS," said Tim Closs, CTO at Marmalade. "Developers can now expand their reach and revenue potential, and consumers can expect to see more games and apps made with Marmalade across platforms."
Other new features of the Marmalade SDK 6.1 allow developers to mix HTML5 with native platform code, providing full flexibility, as well as the use of floating-point within the graphics pipeline, allowing more intuitive manipulation of 3D assets.
The official release of the Marmalade SDK 6.1 with MIPS support is available now at https://www.madewithmarmalade.com/downloads. A Marmalade free trial is available here: https://www.madewithmarmalade.com/free-trial.
Marmalade helps spread apps to any device. Our uniquely powerful cross-platform tools save time and effort - leaving developers free to create their next killer app.
Marmalade delivers maximum performance, to empower the creation of richer apps on any device. Native (C++) or hybrid (HTML5), we have the tools to deploy to iOS, Android and BlackBerry, Windows and Mac, as well as other platforms including selected Smart TVs - with just one click.
Chart-smashing mobile games rely on Marmalade, from casuals such as 'Cut the Rope', 'Plants vs Zombies' and 'Draw Something' to high-performance titles like 'Call of Duty', 'Need for Speed' and 'Pro Evolution Soccer'.
Beyond games our SDK makes it easy for developers to build rich engagement apps using features such as location, notifications, social media links, camera functionality and more.
Based in London, Marmalade also has a San Francisco office and is backed by some heavyweight strategic investors. Marmalade is a trading name of Ideaworks3D Ltd.
About MIPS Technologies, Inc.
MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS) is a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for home entertainment, networking, mobile and embedded applications. The MIPS architecture powers some of the world's most popular products. Our technology is broadly used in products such as digital televisions, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players, broadband customer premises equipment (CPE), WiFi access points and routers, networking infrastructure and portable/mobile communications and entertainment products. Founded in 1998, MIPS Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with offices worldwide. For more information, contact (408) 530-5000 or visit www.mips.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Sierraware makes Global Platform compliant Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) available for MIPS-based devices
- YoYo Games and MIPS Release Free Android Game Development Platform Exclusively for MIPS-Based Devices
- Marmalade's Cross Platform SDK for Mobile Applications Coming to the MIPS Architecture
- Breadth of MIPS-Based Products at CES 2012 Shows Strength of MIPS Architecture in Connected Home; Growing Presence in Mobile
- MIPS Technologies Delivers Reference Implementation for Skype on MIPS-Based Devices
- intoPIX and PlexusAV Pioneer IPMX Standard-Based AV-over-IP Solutions
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Global Semiconductor Sales Increase 0.3% Month-to-Month in April
- Defacto will celebrate its 20th anniversary at DAC with customer presentations and major technical announcements
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|