MIPS to Demonstrate New MIPS-Based™ Technologies and Products
INTERNATIONAL CES, LAS VEGAS, Nev. - January 7, 2013 - MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for home entertainment, networking, mobile and embedded applications, today announced its lineup of technology and product demonstrations planned for International CES, being held January 8 - 11, 2013.
Demonstrations in the MIPS Technologies suite at CES are based on a number of new collaborations, including those with iWedia, a leading provider of integrated software solutions for television, including IP and related integration services; Myriad Group AG, the company powering billions of rich mobile social and web experiences on any connected device, and numerous others.
Ecosystem and Technology Highlights:
- iWedia's Android4TV solution, an open extension to the Android™ framework that natively integrates DTV services for European consumer electronics, enabling full end-user experience of traditional Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) services such as TTX, EPG, MHEG, HbbTV and CI+; MIPS will demonstrate interactive functionality such as second-screen related content viewing, channel previews, content-aware search capabilities and more
- Myriad's Connect & Share, software that allows subscribers to share protected premium content with DTCP-IP between any device connected to the home network, including MIPS-Based tablets, smartphones, DTVs, set-top boxes (STBs), game consoles and Blu-ray™ players
- Myriad's Alien Vue, software that enables Android applications to run on set-top-boxes (STBs) and DTVs alongside existing TV functions - Alien Vue provides STB or DTV manufacturers a complete end-to-end ecosystem that requires no additional hardware, and works seamlessly with mobile phones and tablets
- Applications and games running on MIPS-Based devices, including Opera Software's new Opera TV Store, Gameloft games including Let's Golf! 3 HD+, Hero of Sparta HD+, and UNO™ HD, Marmalade games including Feed the Frog, Rolly Poly, Coconut Dodge, Space Tap and Tonga, plus apps and content from Antix and more
- YoYo Games' GameMaker: Studio™ MIPS™ Edition, an exclusive version of YoYo Games' popular 2D development suite for game developers, created by YoYo Games for MIPS-Based devices
- Microchip Technology's MIPS-Based 32-bit PIC32 GUI Development Board with Projected Capacitive (PCAP) Touch, a multi-touch platform that enables designers to develop cost-effective graphical user interfaces (GUIs) with touch, for a broad range of home appliance, automotive, industrial and media applications
- SAI Technology's multi-threaded LTE baseband stack for mobile user equipment, harnessing the power of MIPS' multi-threaded CPUs to scale performance in video streaming applications over a mobile radio access network
MIPS-Based Product Highlights:
- The new MIPS-Based JZ4780 SoC from Ingenic Semiconductor, offering high performance, advanced graphics and other new functionality, along with ultra-low power consumption; MIPS and Ingenic will demonstrate the JZ4780 in a new 10" Android 4.1 'Jelly Bean' tablet
- iPPea TV, a MIPS-Based Android 4.0 dongle that brings the new Android experience to any HDMI-enabled DTV, highlighting platform extensions as well as a new TV-centric GUI developed using the FancyPants® multimedia framework from Fluffy Spider Technologies
- New MIPS-Based home entertainment products including the Slingbox® 350, the PlayStation® Nasne, a VIZIO CinemaWide® HDTV, and numerous other MIPS-Based digital home, networking and mobile products
- New commercially available Android set-top boxes from Korea's InnoPia Technologies, Inc.-leveraging MIPS-Based SoCs from Sigma Designs and Broadcom
- A Bluetooth demo highlighting the audio capabilities of the MIPS-Based T7 tablet from Philips
Demonstrations at International CES
To schedule a demonstration at CES, contact email@example.com.
To obtain images and additional information, visit the MIPS Technologies Media Center for CES at http://www.mips.com/news-events/CES2013/.
"Today's consumers expect their internet-connected devices to interact with one another, serve as complementary second screens and seamlessly share content, including paid content. As a leading provider of processors for home entertainment devices including DTVs and set-top boxes, with a growing presence in mobile, it is important to MIPS that we deliver the next-generation solutions that will enable our licensees to offer an advanced consumer experience," said Gideon Intrater, vice president of marketing, MIPS Technologies.
"Consumers want to share and access all of their content between their home entertainment devices, including protected content for which they pay a premium. Myriad's Connect & Share solution lets them do just that. We are pleased to continue our long relationship with MIPS by offering this new solution that can deliver a seamless content-centric experience to consumers," said Ed Zylka, SVP and general manager - device and connected home solutions, Myriad.
"iWedia is delighted to work with MIPS Technologies to deliver greater interactive functionality to MIPS-Based Android home entertainment devices. With our market-proven Android4TV technology and broadcast TV stacks, iWedia is focused on bringing programmability to consumer electronics devices in the living room, and not forgetting their main purpose - watching TV. Given MIPS' pervasive presence in the home entertainment market, it was an obvious choice to optimize our solution for MIPS," said Nikola Teslic, chief technology officer, iWedia.
About MIPS Technologies, Inc.
MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS) is a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for home entertainment, networking, mobile and embedded applications. The MIPS architecture powers some of the world's most popular products. Our technology is broadly used in products such as digital televisions, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players, broadband customer premises equipment (CPE), WiFi access points and routers, networking infrastructure and portable/mobile communications and entertainment products. Founded in 1998, MIPS Technologies is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with offices worldwide. For more information, contact (408) 530-5000 or visit www.mips.com.