Fully Integrated MIPI Solutions in UMC 40LP and 55SP to Achieve 1st Silicon Success
Hsinchu, Taiwan and Sunnyvale, California -- Nov. 5, 2013 -- Faraday Technology Corporation (TAIEX: 3035), the leading fabless ASIC/SoC and IP provider, today announced the availability of two integrated MIPI IP solutions, the Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2) and Display Serial Interface (DSI) IP solutions in UMC’s 40nm LP and 55nm SP process technologies. As an active contributor of MIPI Alliance, Faraday has built in-house capability to guarantee the full compliance to MIPI specifications through proven silicon and the system compatibility to most MIPI compliant devices in the market.
Supporting up to 1.5 Gbps on each of the 4 data lanes, Faraday’s D-PHY complies with MIPI D-PHY specification version 1.1. To provide ASIC designers a robust and low risk solution, Faraday’s silicon-proven D-PHY analog IP integrates PLL, LDO, ESD cell and IO Pads to ensure the integrity of high speed signals and the protection of ESD. To unleash the power of pre-silicon system verification, Faraday also provides a MIPI verification platform, which integrates a FPGA with DSI or CSI-2 controller IP and a D-PHY test chip. The designers thus can conduct system-level verification in pre-silicon stage and shorten the design and development cycle time.
Faraday’s solution has been adopted by the customer in multimedia field, and enabled a quicker tape-out than the customer expected.
“High-speed transmission interface is one of Faraday's core competences,” said Jason Hong, RD Vice President at Faraday. “Since launched, Faraday has always equipped our customers with the most enchanting IO solutions in terms of readiness, compliance performance, and cost, such as USB, SATA, Ethernet, LVDS, and PCIe, etc. This advantage stands out among ASIC peers, and can fully address customers’ requirement. By further adding the most integrated and silicon proven MIPI solution, Faraday has been poised for playing an even more important role in the product chain, and the hot market of mobile devices.
To cater for the escalating market demand, Faraday has an aggressive and clear roadmap ahead. Following the readiness of MIPI IP portfolio in 40nm LP and 55nm SP process, the advance process and next generation IPs are under development and are expected to create more market successes soon.
In the upcoming ET Japan event (Embedded Technology, Nov.20-22th), Faraday will demo the MIPI success case from the customer. Welcome to visit and learn more details then.
About Faraday MIPI
- Faraday’s MIPI CSI-2 Solution
- Available in both Transmit and Receive Controllers
- Support the high resolution and multiple-camera applications in smart phone, tablet and image signal processor (ISP) with silicon proven D-PHY
- Support a sleuth of resolutions and pixel formats in mobile and portable market, including the 4K resolution
- Faraday’s MIPI DSI Solution
- A complete set of host and device controller compliant to MIPI DSI, Display Bus Interface (DBI-2), Display Pixel Interface (DPI-2), and Display Command Set (DCS)
- Easy to incorporate display subsystem into ASIC designs for mobile applications, such as smart phone, tablet, Pico projector, and image signal processing (ISP)
The Faraday MIPI solutions for CSI-2 and DSI are available now.
- MIPI D-PHY Tx IP (1.5Gbps, support up to 4 data lanes) in 40nm LP and 55nm SP process
- MIPI D-PHY Rx IP (1.5Gbps, support up to 4 data lanes) in 40nm LP and 55nm SP process
- MIPI CSI-2 Tx controller IP
- MIPI CSI-2 Rx controller IP
- MIPI DSI Host controller IP
- MIPI DSI Peripheral controller IP
About Faraday Technology Corporation
Faraday Technology Corporation is a leading fabless ASIC and silicon IP provider. The company's broad silicon IP portfolio includes I/O, Cell Library, Memory Compiler, ARM-compliant CPUs, DDRI/II/III, MPEG4, H.264, USB 2.0/3.0, 10/100 Ethernet, Serial ATA, and PCI Express, etc. Headquartered in Taiwan, Faraday has service and support offices around the world, including the U.S., Japan, Europe, and China. Faraday is listed in Taipei Stock Exchange, ticker 3035. For more information, please visit: www.faraday-tech.com