PLDA’s QuickPCIe Lite supports Xilinx and Altera FPGAs with out of the box integration, greatly reducing time-to-market
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- November 7, 2013 -- PLDA, the industry leader in PCI Express® and interface IP solutions, today announced QuickPCIe Lite IP for FPGA, offering the industry’s only solution for a plug and play PCIe experience. PLDA’s innovative QuickPCIe Lite product is designed to work directly “out of the box” and does not require a customer to manipulate PCIe concepts, whether at the hardware or software level. The IP is pre-configured for optimal performance and resource utilization, while guaranteeing timing closure on medium speed grade devices at up to Gen3 x8 speed.
PLDA’s QuickPCIe Lite IP offers streamlined support across 7-Series FPGAs from Xilinx and V-Series FPGAs from Altera and delivers full PCIe coverage, from Gen1 x1 to Gen3 x8. In addition, it offers:
- A universal streaming interface, enabled both in hardware through AXI4 streaming for Xilinx FPGAs and Avalon streaming for Altera FPGAs, and in software via a simple API
- Full compatibility with Altera Qsys and Xilinx IPI design methodologies
- A cost–effective and footprint optimized solution
- Seamless migration between supported Altera and Xilinx FPGAs
- An ultra-simple software API, enabling effortless integration in customer applications
“PLDA’s QuickPCIe Lite is a true revolution in the way IP is integrated by our customers”, stated Stephane Hauradou, CTO of PLDA. “Unlike competing products, QuickPCIe Lite enables customers with absolutely no PCIe background to integrate the IP quickly and seamlessly”. Hauradou added “QuickPCIe Lite really redefines the traditional PCIe design model by abstracting complicated mechanisms such as DMA and scatter-gather”.
The PLDA QuickPCIe Lite IP for Altera and Xilinx FPGAs is available today. For pricing, please contact us at www.plda.com.