Leading Design and IP Provider Displays Its Innovation With Range of Complex IC Solutions
ATLANTA, GA - SUPERCOMM 2002 (Booth #22224) - June 4, 2002 - Tality Corporation will showcase four leading IC solutions at the 2002 Supercomm Conference. Providing world-class design services and Intellectual Property (IP), Tality is teaming with leading technology companies to bring innovative communications IC products to market. The following demonstrations will be on display at the conference:
SERDES ARCHITECTURE EXCEEDS ETHERNET STANDARDS SPECIFICATIONS
TALITY POWERS EMAGIN ORGANIC LIGHT EMITTING DIODE (OLED) WINS PRODUCT-OF-THE-YEAR
- Tality's SerDes Architecture is smaller and uses less power than competing solutions.
- Features high-speed data transfer between two SerDes test chips with the fidelity of transmitted signal clearly demonstrated using Eye Diagrams.
- Demonstrates functional silicon of its Infiniband 2.5 Gbit/s SerDes IP fabricated in TSMC's 0.18µm generic logic CMOS process. The silicon is assembled in a low-cost, bonded BGA package. The silicon will be demonstrated using two test chips, each containing four SerDes channels, mounted on test PCBs.
In 2001, eMagin received a Product-of-the-Year Award from the editors of Electronic Products magazine for the development of its SVGA+ (852x600 color pixels) high-resolution active matrix OLED microdisplay. eMagin's Microdisplay technology is used in small, optically-viewed devices such as video headsets, medical microsurgery headsets, camcorders and camera viewfinders.
802.11 OFFERING ACCELERATES WIFI FOR THE MASS MARKET
- The SVGA+ active matrix OLED provides an integrated analog interface microdisplay solution.
- Tality's IC accepts dc-coupled R, G, B inputs with separate external vertical and horizontal synchronization inputs, in accordance with the VESA and VSIS standard.
ETHERNET ENCRYPTION ACHIEVES HIGHEST ACCREDITATION
- Tality delivered its MAC months ahead of its nearest competitor. Tality's integrated RF IC solution for 802.11 offers customers an accelerated path to bringing WiFi products to the market.
- The MAC features a synthesizable core and protocol stack for the implementation of 802.11a, 802.11b, and dual-mode systems.
- Designed from the ground up as a highly optimized, deeply integrated system, for maximum data throughput with minimum processor load and chip power consumption.
- Tality will shortly sign-up its fifth licensee for this technology.
- Recognizes Tality as one of the five IP providers that have been accredited by NIST Cryptographic Module Validation.
- Meets the NIST standards - Tality's Triple DES (Federal Information Processing Standard 81) and Secure Hashing (Federal Information Processing Standard 180-1) IP have been validated by NIST.
- Demonstration showcases the accredited encryption by encoding/decoding data moving through a network.
Tality Corporation, a subsidiary of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NYSE:CDN
), is the world's largest electronic product development outsourcing provider. Leading and emerging technology companies around the globe leverage Tality's engineering services and intellectual property for the design of complex electronic systems and integrated circuits. Tality is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information about Tality, please visit us at www.tality.com