SC13 Denver -- Nov. 19, 2013 -- KALRAY today announces world’s first hyper-scalable 1000+ cores MIMD processor architecture (about 1 TeraFlops at less than 30 Watts, and up to0.5 TeraBytes of DDR) for Next Generation ExaFLOP Ssercomputers.
This MPPA SCoC (SuperComputer on a Chip) hyper-scalable architecture, is the only one available for next generation exaflop supercomputers. Indeed, breaking the exaflops barrier becomes realistic, thanks to its low power characteristics and the NoC extension (NoCX).
Typical applications include :
- Oil and Gas (e.g. RTM (i.e. Reverse Time Migration) and FWI (i.e. Full Waveform Inversion algorithms),
- Finance (e.g. MapReduce based Monte Carlo or Black-Scholes options pricing and HFT (i.e. High-Frequency Trading) algorithms with possible
- FPGA & MPPA mixed architectures),
- Numerical Simulations (e.g. CFD (i.e. Computational Fluid Dynamics)),
- Video (e.g. Transcoding, Encoding and Decoding),
- Cloud based Services (e.g. Video Security and Augmented Reality),
- Data Security (e.g. Cryptography and Homomorphic Encryption),
- Storage (e.g. Seismic Loss Less compression),
- Biology (e.g. Genome DNA Sequencing) and
- Big Scientific Instruments.
This disruptive KALRAY’s massively parallel processor has low power, scalable and deterministic characteristics which makes it the best suitable solution for embedded intensive computing.
It minimizes the TCO (i.e. Total Cost of Ownership) both by reducing CAPEX (i.e. Capital Expenditures) & OPEX (i.e. Operating Expenses), thus maximizing the total ROI (i.e. Return On Investment).
By connecting 4 MPPA boards, this setup totalizes 1152 MIMD cores and 32 GigaBytes of DDR, expendable to 512 GB.
Additionally, MPPA ACCESSCORE, KALRAY’s SDK, allows upward compatibility from the MPPA-256 to a multiple MPPA MANYCORE setup. The demonstration for the show runs an FFT algorithm scaling on to 1000+ cores. This setup develops about 1 TeraFlops but consumes less than 30 Watts and has 32 GB of DDR (expendable to 0.5 TeraBytes).
Kalray recently announced an office in the USA, in addition to the existing European & Japanese offices.
KALRAY is a fabless semiconductor & software company developing and selling a new generation of manycore processors for high performance applications . Our products boost the development of innovative digital applications in the fields of image and signal processing, telecommunication, intensive computing , industrial automation , data management , or transport .