Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C., January 16, 2014 –TSMC today announced consolidated revenue of NT$145.81 billion, net income of NT$44.81 billion, and diluted earnings per share of NT$1.73 (US$0.29 per ADR unit) for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2013.
Year-over-year, fourth quarter revenue increased 10.9% while net income and diluted EPS both increased 7.7%. Compared to third quarter of 2013, fourth quarter results represent a 10.3% decrease in revenue, and a 13.7% decrease in net income. All figures were prepared in accordance with TIFRS on a consolidated basis.
In US dollars, fourth quarter revenue decreased 9.3% from the previous quarter and increased 9.5% year-over-year.
Gross margin for the quarter was 44.5%, operating margin was 32.8%, and net profit margin was 30.7%.
Shipments of 28-nanometer process technology reached 34% of total wafer revenues. 40/45-nanometer accounted for 17% of total wafer revenues. Advanced technologies, defined as 40/45-nanometers and more advanced technologies, accounted for 51% of total wafer revenues.