Grenoble, France – February 24, 2014 -- Dolphin Integration, provider of innovative solutions for low power-consumption have released a complete family of Linear Regulators for embedding any traditional discrete LDO. They now effectively target the protection of noise sensitive blocks such as Audio converters, PLL and RF blocks with low noise Linear Regulators (nLR).
Any such nLR has been optimized for:
- A power supply rejection template extended over the whole relevant spectrum, starring a PSRR of -65 dB at 20 kHz
- A small footprint, of only 0.12 mm2 for the nLR-VAIPO!
- Minimizing the overall system power, through the support of the 3 modes of operation: normal, shutdown and bypass
The large variety of permitted ranges of power supply enable connections to the main power sources requested on the market.
To ease integration in complex systems-on-chip, these nLR are delivered with new views as behavioral models for streamlined checks. Such views enable to build a safely optimized Power Management Network (PMNet) by securing mode transitions, as well as resilience to noise propagated throughout the PMNet.
Dolphin Integration’s set of ultra low noise Linear Regulators involves 2 structures:
The nLR-VAIPO structure
- Parametrized to support from 100 mA, up to 500 mA maximum load current
- With a Power OK (POK) circuit indicating the establishment of the regulator output
- A large input supply range from 1.62 V to 3.63 V, to support direct connection to double alkaline, NIMH, lithium coin cells, and system power supply
- Delivering 2 output voltages (1.2 V or 2.5 V) to provide a range of solutions for supplying RF, PLL and Audio conversion blocks
Both regulator structures are available for the 65/55 nm technological processes at TSMC and SMIC.
The Linear Regulator family includes more regulator components to optimize the PMNet for other criteria, esp. low BoM (thanks to capless solutions) or low power (thanks to solutions with ultra low quiescent current).
For more information, please contact Elsa BERNARD-MOULIN, Marketing Manager for Regulators at Dolphin Integration.
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration contribute to "enabling mixed signal Systems-on-Chip". Their focus is to supply worldwide customers with fault-free, high-yield and reliable kits of CMOS Virtual Components of Silicon IP, based on innovative libraries of standard cells, flexible registers and low-power memories. They provide high-resolution converters for audio and measurement, regulators for efficient power supply networks, application optimized micro-controllers.
They put emphasis on resilience to noise and drastic reductions of power-consumption at system level, thanks to their own EDA solutions missing on the market for Application Hardware Modeling as well as early Power and Noise assessment. Such diverse experience in ASIC/SoC design and fabrication, plus privileged foundry portal even for small or medium volumes, makes them a genuine one-stop shop covering all customers’ needs for specific requests.