KnC Announce "Tape out" of the World's first 20nm ASIC for Bitcoin Mining
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN — March 5, 2014 –– KnC, the most trusted brand in Bitcoin Mining is announcing they have completed ‘tape out’ of their new ASIC. This is the world’s first Bitcoin Mining Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) designed using ground breaking 20 nanometer engineering. This important milestone was achieved only 3 months after starting the project, during February 2014.
KnC partnered with Alchip and its representative, Advanced Semiconductors Technology (AST), to deliver this advanced 20nm technology ASIC. This tapeout is the 2nd generation of the bitcoin mining ASIC following the success of the 1st, which was delivered in a record time of 3.5 months.
This new KnC20nm chip will reduce power consumption of Bitcoin Mining by 43% when compared with the previous generation. In addition, innovations in the design of the communications circuitry allow for 1440 cores, in a 55x55mm package.
Marcus Erlandson, KnC CTO, is immensely proud of the teams performance, “The combined efforts of KnC and our partners Alchip means that once again we are bringing to market a world first silicon design and in record time.”
Johnny Shen, President of Alchip. “KnC and Alchip have been working together on Bitcoin ASIC design for less than 12 months and in that time we’ve already delivered 2 world-first projects. Collaboration is the key here and the close working relationship between our teams is the secret to our success”
Bitcon is maturing and the technology that underpins the Bitcoin network is largely powered by KnC hardware with devices sold in over 100 countries worldwide. To learn more about KnC, visit www.kncminer.com
About KnC KnC Group AB was founded in 2013 and have their headquarters in the tech hub of Stockholm, Sweden. They specialise in building leading edge hardware that secure the transactions for the distributed Bitcoin Network.
For more information visit www.kncminer.com
Founded in 2003, Alchip Technologies Ltd. is a leading provider of silicon design and manufacturing services for companies developing complex and high-volume system-on-chip (SoC) designs. Alchip’s products are mainly used in current HDTV, mobile phones, networking, computers, entertainment and other consumer electronics devices. It provides ASIC design and manufacturing services intended to enable customers to cost-effectively address the technological complexity of silicon design and the need to reduce time to market.For more information: www.alchip.com
Advanced Semiconductor Technologies (AST) was established in 1986 as the first independent Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC) Design Center in Israel and has since become the Representative of major ASIC vendors as well as IP and EDA suppliers and Applications Specific Standard Product (ASSP) companies.AST's highly skilled Sales and Application Engineers combine over 200 years of experience; Turn-Key services as well as on site support and consulting are provided, in the areas of ASIC and FPGA Design, EDA IT, CAD and Design Management. For more information: www.ast.co.il
Search Silicon IP
- HashFast and Uniquify Announce Tape Out of "Golden Nonce" Bitcoin Network Transaction Verification Chip to TSMC's 28HPM Process
- Synplicity's "Partners in Prototyping" takes the guesswork out of ASIC RTL prototyping
- Synopsys' Physical Compiler Enables Tape Out of Enterprise Server ASIC
- Bitech Technologies Reports Completion of Its FPGA design and the Launch of Its ASIC Initiatives for Bitcoin Mining
- LeapMind's "Efficiera" Ultra-low Power AI Inference Accelerator IP Was Verified RTL Design for ASIC/ASSP Conversion
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- China forms its own chiplet standard amid isolation
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|