May. 07, 2014 – D&R Enterprise platform is a new generation management platform which has proven its efficiency for more than 15 years for IP Management (IP for intellectual property in Electronic design) and for the last 2 years for EDA Software Tools Global Management.
D&R Enterprise Management Platform combines two innovative capabilities enhanced through powerful new features in this latest version.
- The IP/Product Catalog engine allows the creation, evolution, import/export of configurable hierarchical multi view catalogs based on a user's "Role". These views include tagged IP file/directory views. In the previous versions D&R added Front Ends to revision control systems (such as Clearcase, GIT, SVN). This new version (V9) announces an extended support of the system hierarchy view such as (System/Board/Devices/IP/IP Directory configurations).
- Concurrent configurable Intelligent Dashboards or Product "management panels" use advanced XML typing and are certainly the most innovative, next generation spreadsheet technology. In this new version D&R announces first a powerful extension by adding user controllable embedded calculations through Python scripts for each column of the spreadsheet. Second an enhanced Calendar Views and related Alerts features (new product, payment due, bug).
As far as IP Management is concerned these new features bring significant management power increase.
"Tracing hierarchical system and supporting multiple configurations at each level configurations is of high interest not only for IP based systems but for full equipment involving hardware, software and more. This platform is unique and very easy to use" said Beny T., IP Platform Manager, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, LTD an Israeli defense company
"Defense companies definitively need to have accurate information within their firewall" added Gabrièle Saucier, CEO of Design and Reuse.
"We have been using the D&R platform for several years as a product catalog and associated "IP shelf delivery" panels, which trace the IP releases delivered to customers. With this new release, we extend our reach by managing package deliveries. It enables to easily prepare a package of products, while independently storing the evolution of products inside the package. It is straightforward and it speeds-up our delivery process" said Aurélie Descombes, web-marketer at Dolphin Integration.
For IP sourcing managers once contracting with vendors is completed, entering the licensing, NRE and Royalties "schemes" in a management panels leads to automated fee calculation, payment views and alert bring a fabulous benefit. An extensible library of automated fee calculation templates comes with the platform (embedded Python scripts) and the innovative Royalty calculation engine is a great innovative features.
"This is one of the breaking features of our platform as many companies over the world use now many IPs from many vendors" said Gabrièle Saucier.
The development of the EDA Tool Manager module has been driven by strong market demand. Indeed managing global and local resources in a large company can be a headache when based on individually managed spreadsheets. Having fully integrated data in a web based tool is the only way that makes sense today. By connecting and keeping in Sync items such as user groups, SW configurations, costs, feature names, and license servers on the EDA Tools side opens the door to being able to make costs saving decisions.
The platform adds to an efficient corporate Ecosystem description: machines, users groups, SW products, business unit cost, etc. with relevant interconnected web views such as
- License panels listing the license status for all tool/features, for all machines and all sites with a simple and direct access to available FlexLM reporting tools (license monitor for instance)
- License assignment optimization (remix) supported for all license types based on several criteria (cost reduction, change in needs, etc.)
- Automated on line renewal procedures (online license request, automated roll up of requests, quote generation per site or BU)
- Centralized finance reporting and more...
"We use this platform across Alcatel Lucent for all our globally managed tools, not only EDA but also mechanical and middleware," said Anthony Noto, Global Tools Manager at Alcatel Lucent. "Upgrading from manually managed spreadsheets to an online tool with interconnected data and automated functions was a no brainer. We now have greater visibility of our licenses with the various filtering and viewing options which will allow us to better optimize our software license purchases and distribution leading to cost savings."
D&R enterprise platform (IPMS V9) runs under any OS (Windows, Mac OS X, UNIX, Linux, etc), supports all internet browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer) and any type of relational database (Mysql, ORACLE) and uses Java, WebServer (Jakarta-tomcat, WebSphere) and XML technology.
Design & Reuse (D&R) was founded in 1997, the same year it launched its unique and renown IP web portal, www.design-reuse.com. D&R has extended its scope with its new site, www.dr-embedded.com for connecting system designers with vendors of subsystems, platforms, middleware...
D&R continues to maintain its focus on streamlining IP-based design with its Enterprise IP Management System (IPMS) offering, a Java/XML multi-application, configurable enterprise platform offering the most innovative and straightforward solution for internal and external IP management recently extended to software license management.