Demonstrations feature leadership and commitment to video connectivity in support of 4K and video over IP
AMSTERDAM, Sept. 13, 2014 -- Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and its ecosystem are demonstrating All Programmable solutions for Smarter Vision systems at IBC 2014. The demonstrations highlight Xilinx's leadership and commitment to video connectivity in support of 4K and video over IP, showcasing comprehensive portfolio support for 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI, HDMI, DisplayPort, and HDCP. Through these technology offerings, Xilinx® and its ecosystem provide the fastest path to bring 4K and packet-based video network systems to market.
Xilinx Demonstrations by Alliance Program Members
Xilinx and its Alliance Members are focused on sub-system development that enables cutting-edge video products companies to accelerate new product introductions at unprecedented rates. The following companies will demonstrate Xilinx sub-system leadership at IBC:
OmniTek – Stand 6.A18
- OmniTek Ultra 4K Tool Box: This demonstration will showcase OmniTek's Ultra 4K Tool Box which provides analysis, conversion, and generation of UHD-TV 4K video signals under both remote Web and local control. This demonstration will also feature the latest in 4K connectivity with new high speed 12G-SDI interfaces that allow transport of 4K/60Hz video over a single SDI coax cable.
- Real-Time Video Engine (RTVE) 3.1 for 4K Video Processing: This demonstration will display the Xilinx RTVE 3.1 reference design which incorporates OmniTek's advanced video processor IP core, OSVP 2.0, and its video-targeted streaming DMA Controller IP core. Key features of this demo will include high quality motion-adaptive de-interlacing, 6-axis color space correction, noise reduction and image sharpening. The demonstration also incorporates the latest 4K video interfaces with 6G-SDI and DisplayPort 1.2 offered as part of the system level display processing design.
Barco Silex – Stand 10.D31a
- 4K Video over IP with JPEG2000: This demonstration will showcase the joint Xilinx/Barco Silex reference design that enables users to easily integrate IP video transport into their products by using JPEG2000 compression, reducing network bandwidth and maintaining visually lossless images using the Xilinx SMPTE 2022 cores.
intoPIX – Stand 10.D31d
- TICO Light-Weight Compression – This demonstration will display visually lossless HD/4K/8K up to 120Hz with compression rates of 2:1 and 4:1 utilizing the first IP core release available for Artix®-7 FPGA and Kintex®-7 FPGA implementations.
- SMPTE 2022 / JPEG2000 Video over IP Reference Design on Xilinx KC705 Board – This demonstration will showcase intoPIX's JPEG 2000 Ultra Low Latency codecs (less than 5ms for 1080p60) within a new SMPTE 2022 reference design.
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.