SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 17, 2014 --Xilinx, Inc., (NASDAQ: XLNX) today announced it will showcase 100G solutions with live traffic over optical fiber and backplane demonstrations in the OIF booth at ECOC 2014. This event marks Xilinx's continued participation in industry-wide interoperability demonstrations of 4 x 25Gb/s (100Gb/s) channels and will highlight three different scenarios featuring Xilinx® All Programmable devices. Visit Xilinx at OIF Booth #525 September 22-24, 2014 in Cannes, France to learn more.
Xilinx Interoperability Demonstrations - Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) Booth #525
As part of OIF Interoperabilty 2014 – Accelerating Momentum on the Road to Next-Generation Architectures, Xilinx will participate in the following interoperability showcases:
- 25.78G Molex Backplane Demonstration
This demonstration highlights the Virtex® UltraScale™ device with 28.21 Gb/s backplane performance capability running at 100G Ethernet rates. This solution features the industry's lowest transmit jitter, auto-adapting equalization for easy bring-up and error free operation over 27dB of backplane trace.
- 25.78G TE Connectivity STRADA Whisper Connector and Backplane and Semtech Retimer Interoperation Demonstration
This demonstration highlights 28.21 Gb/s backplane performance capability interoperating with Semtech retimers over a TE Connectivity STRADA Whisper connector and backplane at 100G Ethernet rates, showing industry compatibility over CEI-25G-LR channels.
- Interoperation with Finisar CFP4 ER4f Prototype Utilizing 40km of Single Mode Fiber
This demonstration showcases the Virtex UltraScale device interoperating with a Finisar CFP4 ER4f optical module and exceeding the 1e-6 BER specification for FEC-based optical interfaces. Accurate data recovery in the electrical domain is highlighted, enabling future FEC implementations to correct for errors introduced in the optical domain.
Additional Xilinx Technology Enabled Demonstrations at ECOC
The following companies will showcase a Xilinx-based technology demonstration at ECOC:
Sumitomo Electric – Stand #373
- This demonstration features the industry's first single-chip 400GbE solution which will be connected to four sets of Sumitomo Electric CFP4 LR4 modules. The demonstration uses Xilinx's Virtex UltraScale VU095 device and Xilinx pre-standard 400GE MAC and PCS IP to showcase a 400GbE implementation across 4x100G optical modules.
MoSys – Stand #519
- Xilinx Alliance Program member MoSys will demonstrate its Bandwidth Engine serial interface memory delivering over two billion memory transactions per second using only 16 transceivers to a Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA.
OIF Interoperability 2014
OIF member companies will unite under the banner of the Optical Internetworking Forum to showcase multi-vendor participation in OIF Interoperability 2014 – Accelerating Momentum on the Road to Next-Generation Architectures. The OIF's Physical and Link Layer demonstration will highlight the expansion of 100G technology to smaller form factors and show live traffic over over various media including optical fiber, copper cables and backplanes.
A public demonstration of the event will be on display September 22-24, 2014 at ECOC in Cannes. OIF Booth #525. Additional information can be found at http://www.oiforum.com/public/OIF_Interoperability_2014.html
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. For more information, visit www.xilinx.com.