Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C., Oct. 16, 2014 -- TSMC today announced consolidated revenue of NT$209.05 billion, net income of NT$76.34 billion, and diluted earnings per share of NT$2.94 (US$0.49 per ADR unit) for the third quarter ended September 30, 2014.
Year-over-year, third quarter revenue increased 28.6% while net income and diluted EPS both increased 46.9%. Compared to second quarter 2014, third quarter results represent a 14.2% increase in revenue, and a 27.9% increase in net income. All figures were prepared in accordance with TIFRS on a consolidated basis.
In US dollars, third quarter revenue increased 14.7% from the previous quarter and increased 28.1% year-over-year.
Gross margin for the quarter was 50.5%, operating margin was 40.4%, and net profit margin was 36.5%.
Shipments of 20-nanometer process technology accounted for 9% of total wafer revenues. 28-nanometer accounted for 34% of total wafer revenues. Advanced technologies, defined as 28-nanometer and 20-nanometer technologies, accounted for 43% of total wafer revenues.
- Revenue is expected to be between NT$217 billion and NT$220 billion;
- Gross profit margin is expected to be between 48% and 50%;
- Operating profit margin is expected to be between 38% and 40%.
TSMC's 2014 Third Quarter Consolidated results:
(Unit: NT$ million, except for EPS)
| ||3Q14 |
|YoY Inc. (Dec.) % ||2Q14 Amount ||QoQ Inc. (Dec.) % |
|Net Sales ||209,049 ||162,577 ||28.6 ||183,021 ||14.2 |
|Gross profit ||105,578 ||78,891 ||33.8 ||91,193 ||15.8 |
|Income from operations ||84,432 ||59,618 ||41.6 ||70,714 ||19.4 |
|Income before tax ||85,381 ||59,349 ||43.9 ||74,098 ||15.2 |
|Net income ||76,335 ||51,952 ||46.9 ||59,702 ||27.9 |
|EPS (NTS) ||2.94b ||2.00c ||46.9 ||2.30b ||27.9 |
a: 3Q2014 figures have not bee approved by Board of Directors
b: Based on 25,930 million weighted average outstanding shares
b: Based on 25,929 million weighted average outstanding shares