SGA Innovations Partners with CEVA to offer a DSP-based Wireline and Wireless Communication Solution for the IoT Market
SGA Innovations joins CEVAnet partner program to offer 802.15.4/Zigbee and PLC IP based on the CEVA-TeakLite-4 DSP core
AMSTERDAM, Nov. 4, 2014 -- European Utility Week – CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA), the leading licensor of DSP-based IP platforms for vision, audio, communications and connectivity, and SGA Innovations Ltd have partnered to offer a DSP-based wireless and wireline communication IP supporting Zigbee and PLC (Power Line Communication). The newest member of the CEVAnet partner program, SGA Innovations is developing a communication solution incorporating both the PHY and MAC layers for 802.15.4 (Zigbee, Thread, 6LowPAN) and PLC (G3, PRIME, IEEE P1901.2, HomePlug Green PHY) on a CEVA-TeakLite-4 DSP, including the required software stacks and hardwired accelerators.
This DSP-based communication solution is ideal for chip designers who require a flexible, adaptable connectivity platform with rapid time-to-market. Customers will be able to mix and match the wireless and wireline standards they choose for their target application and maintain the flexibility to adapt their designs to changing requirements in the market. Customers can further augment their product designs with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi IPs from CEVA which can utilize the processing power available on the CEVA-TeakLite-4 DSP.
Eran Briman, vice president marketing of CEVA stated, "I am pleased to welcome SGA Innovations as the newest member of CEVAnet partner program. We have been working closely with SGA in the smart grid domain to develop and demonstrate PLC and Zigbee solutions, and believe that we can provide a compelling low-power solution for the IoT market as a whole."
"We are excited to be selected by CEVA to partner and address the need for an offering of a PLC and 802.15.4/Zigbee IP," said Yuval Shtendel, CEO of SGA Innovations. "Our long term engineering experience in the field of communication IP combined with CEVA's renowned leadership in DSP IP results in a highly competitive offering, and we look forward to further expanding our joint efforts. "
CEVA and SGA Innovations will be attending European Utility Week 2014, 4-6 November, in Amsterdam. To request a meeting, contact email@example.com. SGA Innovations will also be presenting at the CEVA Technology Symposium 2014, November 17, 19, 21 in Asia. For more information on the CEVA Technology Symposium 2014, visit http://events.ceva-dsp.com/symposium-series14/ .
About CEVA, Inc.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of DSP-based IP platforms for vision, audio, communications and connectivity. CEVA's IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for computer vision and computational photography, advanced audio and voice processing, wireless baseband (2G, 3G & 4G LTE/LTE-A), connectivity (Wi-Fi & Bluetooth) and serial storage (SATA & SAS). In 2013, CEVA's IP was shipped in more than one billion devices, including 40% of handsets shipped worldwide, powering smartphones from many of the world's leading OEMs such as Coolpad, HTC, Huawei, Lenovo, LG, Nokia, Samsung, TCL, Xiaomi and ZTE. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com.
About SGA Innovations
SGA Innovations is a provider of communication IP blocks for the IoT market. SGA was founded by a highly experienced engineering and business team and is dedicated to develop a modern, state of the art communication IP that includes a variety of wireless and wireline communications standards. SGA Innovations portfolio includes 802.15.4/Zigbee wireless solutions and G3-PLC and PRIME NB-PLC, HomePlug Green PHY wireline solutions. Visit www.sgainnovations.com.
Search Silicon IP
Ceva, Inc. Hot IP
- CEVA and Mimi Hearing Technologies Partner to Democratize Assistive Hearing for the True Wireless Earbuds Market
- CEVA and NextG-Com Partner to offer Integrated LTE Cat-M1 and Cat-NB1 Solutions for Cost-Sensitive IoT applications
- Waves Partners with CEVA to Offer the latest Sonic Enhancement Technologies for the Mobile Market
- Maxscend Partners with CEVA to Offer Complete Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Solutions for Mobile Platforms, Wearables and IoT Devices
- CEVA Introduces Comprehensive Partner Program Accelerating the Development of LTE, WiMAX and SDR Wireless Communications Solutions
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Microchip Slashes Time to Innovation with Industry's Most Power-Efficient Mid-Range FPGA Industrial Edge Stack, More Core Library IP and Conversion Tools
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|