Altair Semiconductor Selects Kilopass XPM One-Time Programmable Non-Volatile Memory for High-Volume LTE Chip
Update: Synopsys Expands DesignWare IP Portfolio with Acquisition of Kilopass Technology (Jan. 10, 2018)
XPM Provides Altair Competitive Edge by Enabling High Security, Field Programmability, Extensive Foundry Availability
SANTA CLARA, CALIF. ––November 11, 2014 –– Kilopass Technology, Inc., a leading provider of semiconductor logic non-volatile memory (NVM) intellectual property (IP), today announced that Altair Semiconductor selected its anti-fuse XPM (eXtra Permanent Memory) NVM IP for a design shipping in a high-volume tablet offered by a major telecomm service provider. Altair chose the Kilopass one-time programmable (OTP) memory because it provides highly secure encryption key storage in a small physical size that can be field programmed and available in standard logic CMOS at multiple foundries.
“We are extremely pleased that Altair Semiconductor chose our XPM memory block for their high-volume chip design,” said Linh Hong, vice president of marketing and business development at Kilopass Technology, Inc. “Our enablement at multiple foundries in leading-edge deep submicron process technologies assures Altair of multiple sources of silicon supply from foundries with the most cost effective terms; a major advantage in the highly competitive world of tablets and smartphones.”
“As the leading developer and supplier of single-mode LTE chipsets, we buy IP that helps us meet our fast moving design windows and contributes to the value we provide,” says Eran Eshed, co-founder and vice president of marketing at Altair Semiconductor Inc. “Kilopass' IP enables a highly-secure OTP memory that may be programmed in the field, and that is capable of being fabricated in standard logic at multiple foundries and process technologies.”
About XPM NVM Memory
Kilopass Technology’s XPM is a one-time programmable NVM that uses anti-fuse technology and can be fabricated on any standard, commercially available CMOS logic process. It is available at process nodes from 180nm down to 28nm at all the major foundries. The XPM technology is based on a 2T memory cell that has been proven by over 150 customers, with more than three billion units shipped in over 300 industrial, automotive, consumer electronics, mobile, and analog and mixed signal chip designs. XPM NVM IP provides unprecedented physical security, making it well suited for encryption key and secure code storage applications. The XPM family’s configuration options include density, read voltage, program/read bus width, and charge pump.
About Altair Semiconductor
Altair Semiconductor is the leading provider of single-mode LTE solutions, playing a pivotal role in realizing the vision of the Internet of Everything. By offering LTE-only semiconductor solutions, unhampered by the high cost of 3G silicon, bill-of-materials and patent royalties, Altair is disrupting the ecosystem and enabling, for the first time, the introduction of connected devices at a marginally higher cost than WiFi-only devices. Established in 2005 by former Texas Instruments executives with extensive broadband and wireless silicon experience, Altair is today the world’s leading supplier of 100 percent LTE chipsets, having shipped millions to customers around the world. Altair’s products have been qualified by the world’s top LTE carriers. More than 30 device makers have selected Altair’s chipsets as their single-mode LTE solution to power more than 80 end-user devices, including: tablets, netbooks, USB dongles, portable hotspots, fixed routers and modems, and M2M applications.
Kilopass Technology, Inc., a leading supplier of embedded NVM intellectual property using standard logic CMOS processes to deliver one-time programmable (OTP) and few-time programmable (FTP) memory. With more than 60 patents granted or pending and more than 3,000,000 wafers shipped from a dozen foundries and Integrated Device Manufacturers (IDMs), Kilopass has 150 customers in applications ranging from storage of firmware and security codes to calibration data and other application-critical information. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. For more information, visit www.kilopass.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Silicon IP
- Novocell Semiconductor Announces NVM IP Tape Out at IBM 45nm – Brings 100 Percent Reliable Anti-Fuse One-Time Programmable Non-Volatile Memory to Advanced Node
- Novocell Semiconductor announces the expansion of the firm's one-time programmable non-volatile memory IP product line
- TowerJazz Licenses Kilopass' One-Time Programmable Non-Volatile Memory IP
- Sunplus Ships A/V Products With Kilopass One-Time Programmable Non-Volatile Memory
- STMicroelectronics Partners with Kilopass For One-Time Programmable Anti-Fuse NVM Memory
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
- Microchip Slashes Time to Innovation with Industry's Most Power-Efficient Mid-Range FPGA Industrial Edge Stack, More Core Library IP and Conversion Tools
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|