Sidense Announces New Executive Appointments
Update: Synopsys Expands DesignWare IP Portfolio with Acquisition of Sidense Corporation (Oct. 17, 2017)
Ottawa, Canada – (November 11, 2014) – Sidense Corp., a leading developer of non-volatile memory OTP IP cores, today announced Jim Roche as the company’s new Chief Operating Officer. In that role, Mr. Roche will be responsible for driving strategic planning and taking corporate growth to the next level.
“We are pleased to have Jim join us in this key position as we continue to expand Sidense’s position as a premier vendor of non-volatile memory IP,” said Xerxes Wania, Sidense President and CEO. “His vast management experience and results-oriented approach will help Sidense achieve and exceed its technology and revenue goals, bringing immense benefit to our customers, partners, investors and employees.”
Mr. Roche is an accomplished business executive and entrepreneur with a strong track record in leading innovative technology companies through corporate growth.
“I am happy to join Sidense’s skilled team as we continue to demonstrate a high level of competence in the rapidly expanding memory IP business,” said Jim Roche, Sidense COO. “I’m excited about the opportunities in front of us as Sidense continues to further its leadership position in fast-growth markets such as mobile computing and the Internet of Things as well as other key market segments.”
Jim started his career as a founding member of Newbridge Networks where he helped the company grow to over $1B in annual revenue as Vice President and General Manager of the Semiconductor Products Division. He then co-founded Tundra Semiconductor, a developer of specialized chips for the world’s leading communications companies. After a successful IPO, and as Tundra’s President and CEO, Jim led the company through double-digit average annual revenue and profit growth and many successful product introductions, company acquisitions and major business partnerships. Jim has since acted as President and CEO of CMC Microsystems, CANARIE and Stratford Managers. Jim is also an active board member of Wi-LAN, ThinkRF, Aonix, CHEO and others.
Also joining Sidense is Colleen Kelley, as Vice President of Business Operations. Colleen is an experienced high-tech executive with a strong track record in business operations. She has served as Chief Operating Officer at PlaSmart, Vice President Operations and Plant Manager at Sanmina-SCI and Director of Program Management at Solectron (now Flextronics). She started her career and held various senior roles at Nortel Networks.
About Sidense Corp.
Sidense Corp. provides very dense, highly reliable and secure non-volatile one-time programmable (OTP) Logic Non-Volatile Memory (LNVM) IP for use in standard-logic CMOS processes. The Company, with over 120 patents granted or pending, licenses OTP memory IP based on its innovative one-transistor 1T-Fuse™ bit cell, which does not require extra masks or process steps to manufacture. Sidense 1T-OTP macros provide a better field-programmable, reliable and cost-effective solution than flash, mask ROM, eFuse and other embedded and off-chip NVM technologies for many code storage, encryption key, analog trimming and device configuration uses.
Over 130 companies, including many of the top fabless semiconductor manufacturers and IDMs, have adopted Sidense 1T-OTP as their NVM solution in more than 400 designs. Customers are realizing outstanding savings in solution cost and power consumption along with better security and reliability for applications ranging from mobile and consumer devices to high-temperature, high-reliability automotive and industrial electronics. The IP is offered at and supported by all top-tier semiconductor foundries and selected IDMs. Sidense is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with sales offices worldwide. For more information, please visit www.sidense.com.
Search Silicon IP
- Alphawave IP Announces Appointments to its Executive Leadership team
- Axiomise Celebrates Fourth Anniversary with Executive Appointments, Move to New Office
- Open-Silicon Strengthens Management Team With Key Executive Appointments
- STMicroelectronics Announces New Appointments in the Executive Management Team
- Altior, Inc. Appoints Robert Zecha and Jim Carlson to Executive Management Team
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- CXL Testing Leverages PCIe Expertise
- Blue Ocean Smart System Unveils Chiplet-Based Products Powered by VeriSilicon's High-Performance Processors
- POLYN Introduces VibroSense, Industry-First Application-Specific Vibration Pre-Processing Chip Design
- Renesas Expands RISC-V Embedded Processing Portfolio with New Voice-Control ASSP Solution
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- China forms its own chiplet standard amid isolation
- Interview: Aart de Geus on AI-driven EDA
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|