Grenoble, France – January 19, 2015 -- Eager to help System-on-Chip designers get rid of separate power-hungry Power Management ICs (PMIC) in order to ensure their SoC low-power budget, Dolphin Integration promotes their embedding with a disruptive approach.
Indeed, external PMICs with their focus on reusability are neither power efficient nor cost effective, whereas Dolphin Integration has launched a reusable library of embedded Power Regulators, per its standard named “DELTA", enabling all relevant optimizations. Such a library provides the easiest construction approach to Power Management Networks, enabling fast assessment and choice of the most relevant network for a given SoC.
The benefits are immediate:
- Shorter time-to-market thanks to standardized regulation components and interconnection checks
- Power optimization thanks to the combination of high-efficiency switching regulators for active mode, and regulators with ultra-low quiescent current for retention mode
- Lowest Bill-of-Material at system level for a SoC addressing market challenges thanks to a wide offering of optimized components
Following several success stories at 180 nm, for low-end Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications, Dolphin Integration now provides the DELTA library at TSMC 55 nm uLP and uLP eFlash.
The benefits provided by the DELTA library, combined with those offered by the intrinsic performances of TSMC processes, enable to target the ultra low-power requirements of battery powered IoT devices.
The complete low-power and high-density offering of Dolphin Integration at TSMC 55 nm uLP / uLP eFlash comprises:
For more information contact our Product Marketing Manager at email@example.com
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration contributes to "enabling mixed signal Systems-on-Chip" for worldwide customers - up to the major actors of the semiconductor industry - with Silicon IP components best at low-power consumption.
This wide offering is based on innovative libraries of standard cells, register files, memory generators and power regulators. Complete networks for power supply can be flexibly assembled together with their loads: from high-resolution converters for audio and measurement applications to power-optimized micro-controllers of 8 or 16 and 32 bits.
Over 30 years of diverse experiences in the integration of silicon IP components and providing services for ASIC/SoC design and fabrication, with its own EDA solutions solving unaddressed challenges, make Dolphin Integration a genuine one-stop shop covering all customers’ needs for specific requests.
The company striving to incessantly innovate for its customers’ success has led to two strong differentiators:
- state-of-the-art “configured subsystems” for high-performance applications securing the most competitive SoC architectural solutions,
- a team of Central and Field Application Engineers supporting each user’s need for optimal application schematics, demonstrated through EDA solutions enabling early performance assessments
Its social responsibility has been from the start focused on the design of integrated circuits with low-power consumption, placing the company in the best position to now contribute to new applications for general power savings through the emergence of the Internet of Things.