Nurnberg, Germany, Embedded World 2015, February 23, 2015 -- Altera Corporation (Nasdaq: ALTR) will showcase at Embedded World 2015 how its SoCs are enabling developers to create highly differentiated, feature-rich embedded systems. Altera SoCs will be featured prominently throughout the exhibit halls both in Altera’s booth and in multiple partner booths. Highlights in Altera’s booth (Hall 5 Stand 277) include the unveiling of Altera’s second-generation SoC family, Arria® 10 SoCs, the industry’s only 20 nm SoC FPGA family. Arria 10 SoCs provide embedded developers access to a high-performance applications-class ARM® processor integrated into a high-performance 20 nm programmable fabric. Also on display will be application-specific demonstrations of low-cost, low-power 28 nm Cyclone® V SoCs enabling higher performance, lower power and more secure embedded, automotive and industrial applications. Embedded World 2015 takes place February 24-26 in Nurnberg, Germany.
Altera’s In-booth Demonstrations Include:
- Altera’s Second-generation SoC – Altera will show visitors how Arria 10 SoCs deliver optimal performance and power efficiencies with higher security and smaller form factor.
- Cloud-based PLCs Enabled by Low-cost, Low-power SoCs – This demonstration shows the implementation of an integrated programmable logic controller (PLC) and human machine interface (HMI) system on a Cyclone V SoC.
- Securing Embedded System IP – This demonstration includes several industry-standard encryption algorithms running on a Cyclone V SoC.
- Video Processing Acceleration – This demonstration shows how FPGA-based vision processing solutions for industrial and automotive applications can deliver higher performance and lower power consumption.
- Single-chip Motor Control in a Non-volatile FPGA – This demonstration uses a non-volatile MAX 10 FPGA to drive a three-phase DC motor.
Partner Demonstrations Include:
- ReFLEX CES’s new Arria 10 SoC and FPGA development boards and kits will be on display in its booth located in Hall 5 stand 5-181.
- EBV’s Motor Control SoCrates development kit featuring a Cyclone V SoC will be on display in Hall 5 stand 276.
- Arrow’s Flexible SoCkit Development Kit featuring a Cyclone V SoC will be on display in Hall 5 stand 531.
- TES GmbH and NV Barco Silex will both demonstrate Cyclone V SoC-based graphical/video solutions in their respective booths located in Hall 5 stand 110 and Hall 4 stand 611.
- Altera SoC System-on-Modules (SOMs) are featured in the i-Wave booth (Hall 2 stand 451), the Denx booth (Hall 1 stand 211) and the Enclustra booth (Hall 4a stand 121).
- Embedded software and tools targeting Altera SoCs will be on display in multiple partner booths, including Lauterbach (Hall 4 stand 210), ARM (Hall 5 stand 338), Mathworks (Hall 4 stand 110), Green Hills (Hall 4 stand 325), eCosCentric (Hall 4 stand 161), Micrium (Hall 4 stand 350), Segger (Hall 4 stand 238), eSOL (Hall 4 stand 157), Express Logic (Hall 4 stand 270), Wind River (Hall 4 stand 260), QNX Software Systems (Hall 4 stand 358).
Altera® programmable solutions enable designers of electronic systems to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Altera offers FPGAs, SoCs, CPLDs, and complementary technologies, such as power management, to provide high-value solutions to customers worldwide. Visit Altera at www.altera.com