Mellanox and Synopsys Demonstrate Industry's First PCIe 4.0 Interoperability
Mutual Technology Leadership Lowers Risk for Designers Implementing16GT/s PCI Express Protocol
TEL AVIV, Israel-- March 03, 2015 --PCI-SIG Developer Conference – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of end-to-end interconnect solutions for servers and storage systems, today announced that it has collaborated with Synopsys to bring the industry’s first demonstration of interoperability between Synopsys’ DesignWare® PHY IP for PCI Express® (PCIe®) 4.0 and Mellanox’s PCIe 4.0 port to the PCI-SIG® Developers Conference Israel. PCIe 4.0 doubles the data transfer rate of the PCIe link to 16GT/s, paving the way for data centers with 200Gb/s links in the very near future. Through its ongoing contribution to the PCI-SIG, Mellanox and Synopsys are among the first to deliver electrical characterization results of a PCIe 4.0 capable SerDes to the PCI-SIG.
“We are proud to collaborate with Synopsys to demonstrate a robust and interoperable PCIe 4.0 electrical solution,” said Shai Cohen, COO, at Mellanox Technologies. “PCIe 4.0 will help enable future hyperscale data center and cloud infrastructures to efficiently handle the ever-increasing amount of data and its demand on the network.”
At PCI-SIG Developer Conference Israel, Mellanox and Synopsys will demonstrate the industry’s first cross-vendor PCIe 4.0 electrical interoperability. The demonstration between Synopsys DesignWare PHY IP for PCI Express at 16GT/s and Mellanox PCIe 4.0 port will show interoperability across different types of channels with multiple PHYs on each end transmitting and receiving at 16GT/s.
“As the leading provider of PCI Express IP with 10 years of active participation in the PCI-SIG, Synopsys invests heavily in the development of high-quality PCI Express IP that meets the high-performance, low-latency requirements of the enterprise market,” said John Koeter, vice president of marketing for IP and prototyping at Synopsys. “Synopsys’ successful interoperability demonstration with Mellanox gives designers confidence that they can incorporate Synopsys’ IP for PCI Express 4.0 into their SoCs with significantly less risk.”
Visit Mellanox Technologies and Synopsys at PCI-SIG Developers Conference (March 2-3, 2015) Visit Mellanox Technologies and Synopsys at the PCI-SIG Developers Conference (Booths #9 and #1, respectively) to see demonstrations, the full suite of Mellanox’s high-performance, end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet solutions, and Synopsys’ complete PCI Express 4.0 IP solutions, including controllers, PHYs, and verification IP.
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, software, cables and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high-performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com.
Search Silicon IP
Search Verification IP
Synopsys, Inc. Hot Verification IP
- Synopsys and Mellanox Demonstrate Complete PCI Express 4.0 Host and Device System Interoperability
- PLDA to Demonstrate Industry's First PCIe 4.0 Switch Platform with Multiple Downstream Ports during PCI-SIG DevCon 2018
- Mellanox and Cadence Demonstrate PCI Express 4.0 Multi-Lane PHY IP Interoperability
- PLDA XpressSWITCH IP for PCIe technology first ever switch soft IP to pass PCI-SIG's PCIe 4.0 compliance tests
- eInfochips provides SOC engineering services to Astera Labs in developing industry's first PCIe 4.0 & 5.0 Smart Retimer SoC.
- Synopsys.ai Unveiled as Industry's First Full-Stack, AI-Driven EDA Suite for Chipmakers
- Veriest Solutions Promotes Dusica Glisic to Vice President of Frontend Engineering
- Report: Arm proposes change to IP royalty model
- Networking Chip Startup Enfabrica Emerges from Stealth Mode to Solve Scalability and Price-Performance Challenges for AI Growth in Cloud
- Tachyum To Use UCIe Interconnect Standards In Prodigy 2
- 2026 All-Time High in Store for Global 300mm Semiconductor Fab Capacity After 2023 Slowdown, SEMI Reports
- Designing MPUs/MCUs with Functional Safety
- MIPI A-PHY Specification Levels Up In-Vehicle Connectivity
- eMemory and UMC Expand Low-Power Memory Solutions for AIoT and Mobile Markets with 22nm RRAM Qualification
- Alphawave Semi Opens Pune Office, Continues Expansion into India
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|