Silicon Line GmbH Closes an Investment Round of 6.3 Million Euro
MUNICH-- March 12, 2015 -- Silicon Line GmbH today announced that the Company successfully raised Euro 6.3 M from new and existing investors, Limburgse Reconversie Maatschappij NV, Hasselt Belgium, MVP Fund I and II GmbH & Co. KG, Munich, and Capital-E I and II Arkiv Comm. V.A, Antwerp.
Silicon Line is a worldwide leader in developing IC’s and integrated solutions for high speed optical connections, based on proprietary low power designs and Optical Sub Assembly (OSA) technology. With this investment Silicon Line will finance the build-up of volume manufacturing of OSA’s at the Corda Campus, Hasselt, Belgium and accelerate the implementation of the next generation of high speed optical connections needed for Virtual Reality connections, Internet Of Things and 4K, 8K displays. Silicon Line existing solutions already support HDMI 1.4 and 2.0, USB 3.1 up to 10 Gbps, DisplayPort 1.3 and MIPI D-PHY for cameras.
“We are very glad about this new investment from new shareholders. The invested capital will help us to industrialize and broaden our technology platform together with a larger number of existing and new customers. It will also increase the rate of our international expansion and allow us to have a stronger market presence in EU, China and the US where we expect rapid sales growth in the coming years. The worldwide market for our products is enormous and the capital infusion will accelerate our growth in the on-going industry-shift towards higher communication speeds where optical is the obvious way to go”, says Ruud van der Linden, CEO Silicon Line.
About Silicon Line:
Silicon Line is a leading global provider of innovative ultra-low power optical link technology for mobile and consumer electronics markets. Silicon Line products enable the power-efficient optical transportation of video, images, voice and data at the multi-gigabit speeds demanded by both today and tomorrows digital consumer lifestyles. We produce a wide range of single channel and four channel VCSEL drivers and TIAs ranging in speed from 20 Mbps to 12.5 Gbps. The industry leading ultra-low power consumption of our products makes them ideally suited for consumer as well as datacom/telecom, industrial, security and medical applications. We also produce dedicated products for USB3.0, USB3.1, HDMI1.4, HDMI2.0 and MIPI D-PHY applications.
Search Silicon IP
- Valens Semiconductor Closes $14 Million Investment B Round
- Silicon Hive spins out from Philips; New Venture Partners leads $10 million investment round, joined by TVM Capital and Philips
- Atmos Corporation closes $US 10 million investment round; Virage Logic leads investors
- IoT Pioneer Wiliot Secures $200 Million Investment Round Led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2
- Algolux Closes $18.4 Million Series B Round for Robust Computer Vision
- Cortus Launches ULYSS automotive MCU family
- Infineon's HYPERRAM™ 3.0 memory and Autotalks' 3rd generation chipset drive next-generation automotive V2X applications
- Q1 2023 Global Semiconductor Equipment Billings Grow 9% Year-Over-Year, SEMI Reports
- Computex 2023 Reveals Taiwan's Critical Role in AI
- Leading Aerospace and Defense Company purchases Interlaken IP core from Comcores
- Green Hills Software adds support for production-ready RTOS and tools to Imagination Technologies' RISC-V CPUs
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Kalray Announces Production Launch of New "Coolidge™2" DPU Processor Optimized for AI and Intensive Data Processing
- Arm SystemReady surpasses 100 certifications, driving standardization where it matters
- GlobalFoundries and STMicroelectronics Finalize Agreement for New 300mm Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in France
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|