PVT Controller (Series 5) (Sub-system for complete PVT monitoring), TSMC N4P
Imagination and ELVEES collaborate on next-generation solutions for video analytics
LONDON and MOSCOW, May 21, 2015 –ELVEES companies group (ELVEES) and Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) are working together to enable next-generation solutions for a wide range of existing and future global video analytics markets.
Video analytics (the processing and understanding of video streams) is important for emerging markets including:
- Smart city – based on innovative IP cameras with real-time monitoring
- Retail/smarter shops – with augmented reality and next-generation security with safety everywhere
- Autonomous automobiles – featuring Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Mobile devices – for a myriad of applications from augmented reality and visual search to simply better cameras
- Internet of Things (IoT) – where the camera is a key ‘sensor’
- Consumer multimedia, home entertainment and enterprise – where existing markets are evolving to embrace the potential of video analytics
- Internet – the majority of all content on the internet is video, creating a requirement for video analytics in the cloud
To meet the demands of these markets, processing cores and SoCs must be designed to specifically support video analytics features. Video analytics hardware and software complexity is increasing exponentially, requiring thousands of billions of operations per second, with more and more functionality, integrated using the latest 28nm – 10nm silicon processes.
The strategic collaboration between ELVEES and Imagination is based on a deep understanding and belief that with the emergence of widespread video analytics, it is becoming impossible for companies to do everything themselves, and that application and domain knowledge are essential.
The partnership between ELVEES and Imagination will enable the companies to drive innovation in the video analytics market with more rapid deployment of key technologies and products.
The companies are working together to combine and leverage each other’s skills:
- Imagination’s proven, scalable IP, enabling customers to create differentiated SoCs with low risk and fast time to market
- ELVEES’ Semantic Video Processing Platform – technology that combines new video analytics algorithms and software libraries in a customizable IP platform
ELVEES and Imagination are collaborating on several innovative and high-performance next-generation ELVEES SoCs for video analytics based on 28nm process technology, including leading-edge solutions for 4K (Ultra HD) cloud servers. ELVEES will use these solutions to target 4K stereo cameras, home/nano servers, and data center servers.
ELVEES has licensed a broad portfolio of Imagination’s IP and platforms including:
- Integrated PowerVR Vision IP Platform that combines PowerVR GPU, video and vision cores, saving power and bandwidth for today’s camera applications
- 32-bit and 64-bit multi-threaded MIPS CPUs, with a flexible and powerful 128-bit SIMD engine, delivering superior acceleration for compute-intensive video analytics applications
- Ensigma connectivity processors (RPUs) that provide high-performance on-chip Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to support future wireless multi-dimension video analytics cameras
Within the ELVEES SoCs, Imagination’s IP will be complemented by specialized, programmable and powerful IP cores from ELVEES that provide the foundation for such capabilities as 4K rate stereo streams for facial recognition, augmented reality and more.
As part of the strategic partnership, Imagination has licensed certain technologies from ELVEES.
Says Tony King-Smith, EVP Marketing, Imagination: “We recognize the strength of ELVEES’ know-how and leading technologies in what we see as a key and growing market, and where we feel the companies’ collaboration can make a significant impact.”
Says Yaroslav Petrichkovich, President of ELVEES companies group: “Imagination’s comprehensive portfolio across processing, multimedia and connectivity enables us to deliver our expertise and technologies in a complete, state-of-the-art and highly competitive solution.”
About Imagination Technologies
Imagination, a global leader in multimedia, processor, communication and cloud technologies. The company’s broad range of silicon IP (intellectual property) includes the key processing blocks needed to create the SoCs (Systems on Chips) that power all mobile, consumer and embedded electronics. Its unique software IP, infrastructure technologies and system solutions enable its customers to get to market quickly with complete and highly differentiated SoC platforms. Imagination’s licensees include many of the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers, network operators and OEMs/ODMs who are creating some of the world’s most iconic products. See: www.imgtec.com.
About ELVEES companies group
ELVEES companies group (ELVEES) is a Russian microelectronics industry leader in world-class ASICs with heterogeneous multicore SoC Architectures for video analytics. ELVEES has its innovative Semantic Video Processing Platform technology, combining new video analytics algorithms, IP-cores, and software libraries. ELVEES also provides smart analytics camera surveillance and already offers a broad range of solutions used by various industries, including equipment to ensure security at major airports and at fuel and energy facilities. See: www.elvees-nt.com
Search Silicon IP
Imagination Technologies Group plc Hot IP
- Next-generation multi-platform video analytics SoC results from collaboration between Imagination and ELVEES
- Foxconn Partners with Socionext and Hailo to Launch Next-Generation AI Processing Solution for Video Analytics at the "Edge"
- FuriosaAI Enhances Next-Generation AI Chips with proteanTecs' Deep Data Analytics
- Chips&Media Adds Extraordinary Features in the Next-Generation Video Codec IPs, introducing the WAVE6 Series
- Imagination announces next-generation IEEE 802.11ax/Wi-Fi 6 IP for low-power applications
- Consortium's Move Will Boost RISC-V Ecosystem, Thankfully
- Are Chiplets Enough to Save Moore's Law?
- Andes Technology Showcases Pioneering RISC-V CPU IP Solutions at RISC-V Summit Europe
- GUC Monthly Sales Report - May 2023
- Agile Analog launches first complete RISC-V analog IP subsystem at RISC-V Summit Europe
- Nanusens announces that it can now create ASICs with embedded sensors
- Intel Foundry Services Ushers in a New Era
- Chiplet Pioneer Eliyan Achieves First Silicon in Record Time with Implementation in TSMC 5nm Process, Confirms Most Efficient Chiplet Interconnect Solution in the Multi-Die Era
- MediaTek Partners With NVIDIA to Provide Full-Scale Product Roadmap to the Automotive Industry
- Semidynamics announces largest, fully customisable Vector Unit in the RISC-V market, delivering up to 2048b of computation per cycle for unprecedented data handling
|E-mail This Article||Printer-Friendly Page|