Grenoble, France – June 8, 2015 -- Dolphin Integration is proud to announce the availability of its RISC-351 Zephyr microcontroller. It enables 80x51 users to benefit from 32-bit microcontroller performances while leveraging the i51 legacy of peripherals and software.
The number of applications which require high processing power with low power consumption is on a sharp rise. A number of contenders claim to offer an easy migration toward incompatible architectures while the Dolphin Integration announcement grants a smooth evolution from i51 to RISC-351.
These issues are addressed by providing an optional reduction of the instruction set enabling 1 DMIPS/MHz. At the time when low power consumption is critical the yardstick of 1 DMIPS/MHz enables such an increase of performance that the frequency can be significantly reduced.
- The RISC-351 preserves 75 % of the instructions from the 80x51 family
- The same peripheral access bus (SFR) with the same memory mappings enable the reuse of 8051 and 80251 peripherals at no cost
- A guided import of existing 8051 application programs into the new Integrated Development Environment SmartVision™ including its compiler SmartCC
Why evolve to Zephyr?
RISC-351 Zephyr also reduces Time-to-market by increasing the debugging swiftness for application software thanks to its state-of-the-art IDE SmartVision™ enabling custom peripheral modeling. The new Built-In Real time Debugger enables a comprehensive Virtual Prototyping and advanced emulation features.
Do not hesitate to request the evaluation kit of Zephyr by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration contributes to "enabling mixed signal Systems-on-Chip" for worldwide customers - up to the major actors of the semiconductor industry - with Silicon IP components best at low-power consumption.
This wide offering is based on innovative libraries of standard cells, register files, memory generators and power regulators. Complete networks for power supply can be flexibly assembled together with their loads: from high-resolution converters for audio and measurement applications to power-optimized micro-controllers of 8 or 16 and 32 bits.
Over 30 years of diverse experiences in the integration of silicon IP components and providing services for ASIC/SoC design and fabrication, with its own EDA solutions solving unaddressed challenges, make Dolphin Integration a genuine one-stop shop covering all customers’ needs for specific requests.
The company striving to incessantly innovate for its customers’ success has led to two strong differentiators:
- state-of-the-art “configured subsystems” for high-performance applications securing the most competitive SoC architectural solutions,
- a team of Integration and Application Engineers supporting each user’s need for optimal application schematics, demonstrated through EDA solutions enabling early performance assessments
Its social responsibility has been from the start focused on the design of integrated circuits with low-power consumption, placing the company in the best position to now contribute to new applications for general power savings through the emergence of the Internet of Things.