Grenoble, France – June 22, 2015 -- Decreasing the power consumption of SoCs is an ever-increasing challenge that requires power optimization of each individual subsystem. Dolphin Integration proposes the SESAME BIV standard cell library to answer the need for ultra-low power always-on blocks.
SESAME BIV is a patented standard cell library available from 180 nm down to 55 nm. It takes advantage of thick gate oxide transistors to achieve ultra-low leakage performances with an extended operating voltage range (up to 3.6V) enabling a direct connection to the battery thus eliminating the need for regulators.
Such a standard cell library provides the best trade-off between power and area at different mature nodes:
- Up to 70 % total power saving* (see comparison chart below)
- Area saving: up to 7x denser*
- Low BoM: no need for a dedicated voltage regulator
- Reliability: Patented flip-flop to reliably sustain wide operating voltage range, silicon proven library
* Compared to a 5k gates AO logic using an SVT library and a dedicated regulator
SESAME BIV is part of Dolphin Integration’s Low Power Panoply (LoPAN) that combines silicon IPs and design methodologies to achieve the lowest power consumption in a minimal area for each logic subsystem of a SoC.
For further information on SESAME BIV standard cell library, click here or contact email@example.com.
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration contributes to "enabling mixed signal Systems-on-Chip" for worldwide customers - up to the major actors of the semiconductor industry - with Silicon IP components best at low-power consumption.
This wide offering is based on innovative libraries of standard cells, register files, memory generators and power regulators. Complete networks for power supply can be flexibly assembled together with their loads: from high-resolution converters for audio and measurement applications to power-optimized micro-controllers of 8 or 16 and 32 bits.
Over 30 years of diverse experiences in the integration of silicon IP components and providing services for ASIC/SoC design and fabrication, with its own EDA solutions solving unaddressed challenges, make Dolphin Integration a genuine one-stop shop covering all customers’ needs for specific requests.
The company striving to incessantly innovate for its customers’ success has led to two strong differentiators:
- state-of-the-art “configured subsystems” for high-performance applications securing the most competitive SoC architectural solutions,
- a team of Integration and Application Engineers supporting each user’s need for optimal application schematics, demonstrated through EDA solutions enabling early performance assessments
Its social responsibility has been from the start focused on the design of integrated circuits with low-power consumption, placing the company in the best position to now contribute to new applications for general power savings through the emergence of the Internet of Things.