Since 1995, Xylon has licensed logicBRICKS IP cores to more than 150 companies worldwide and has delivered more than 250 SoC and FPGA designs
Zagreb, Croatia, June 26, 2015 – Xylon, a leading provider of intellectual property (IP) cores, advanced field programmable gate array (FPGA) application solutions and design services, announced today that it is celebrating 20 year anniversary of the company’s founding. Since its establishment in 1995, when the FPGA IP market was in its early infancy, Xylon has been focused on the design of efficient graphic and video solutions optimized exclusively for the Xilinx® All Programmable SoC and FPGA devices.
When Xylon first introduced the logicBRICKS™ IP core library in 1995, there were only two general purpose IP cores: logiCVC display controller and logiCAN CAN2.0B compliant network controller. Today, the logicBRICKS IP library includes more than 25 IP cores and includes state-of-the-art vision and image processing IP cores for key applications including automotive surround view, automotive driver assistance (ADAS), face detection and tracking, image signal processing (ISP), industrial imaging, and HMI.
Regardless of the IP core’s complexity, all logicBRICKS IP seamlessly blends with the Xilinx implementation tools and comes with accompanying software and reference designs for the most popular development environments to facilitate quick deployment in complex SoC and FPGA designs. The outstanding quality of Xylon’s logicBRICKS products and services has been confirmed worldwide by over 150 licensed companies, more than 250 SoC and FPGA Xylon designs, and uncounted customer designs over the last twenty years.
“Excellence in FPGA and customer care is what Xylon has been about since its inception. Twenty years later, we remain strongly commited to providing the highest quality products and services, as well as going an extra mile in helping our customers to successfully bring their next products to market,“ said Davor Kovacec, founder and CEO of Xylon. “We are seeing strong demand for Xilinx All Programmable based video image processing solutions in industrial imaging, video surveillance and multi-camera automotive driver assistance because they enable designers to accelerate their innovations. Xylon already provides several market-leading IP cores and solutions for smarter vision applications, and in the future we shall focus on novel video processing solutions that shall strengthen our market position and accelerate growth in the years to come.”
- 1995: Started designing industrial embedded systems based on the Xilinx FPGAs
- 2000: Started the logicBRICKS IP library and joined Xilinx Alliance Program ecosystem of qualified companies
- 2004: Founded Xylon Germany and achieved first design win in volume production in-vehicle infotainment system
- 2006: Established and applied ISO 9001 quality management system for development, production and sale of FPGA devices
- 2009: Founded Xylon Japan to strengthen the local presence and offer the highest quality services to Japanese customers
- 2010: Upon a rigorous set of Xilinx qualifications, became one of the first five Xilinx Alliance Program Premier Members. Showcased the first generation of the Four-Camera Surround View driver assistance. Launched the online IP store and introduced the industry novel IP licensing model tailored for teams designing prototypes and small volume production systems
- 2011: Graphics processing IP cores and software support for several operating systems available at the time of the Xilinx Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC announcement
- 2012: Honored with Alliance Program Collaboration Award by Xilinx, Inc
- 2013: Introduced the logiADAK Automotive Driver Assistance Kit based on the Xilinx Zynq-7000 AP SoC. Xylon ADAS solutions used on the road in production automotive systems
- 2014: Expanded smarter vision IP portfolio by the Face Detection and Tracking and Image Signal Processing (ISP) Pipeline. Signed agreement with the OKI IDS, the OKI group company, as the preferred partner for use of the Xylon logicBRICKS based ADAS technologies in Japan
- 2015: Introduced logiADAK 3.0 kit with logiOWL IP that enables on-target, full vehicle level multi-camera calibration in seconds for Tier One automotive electronics suppliers and OEM automakers
Xylon is an electronic company focused on FPGA designs. The company was founded in 1995, and since then it has grown into a prominent provider of intellectual property in the fields of embedded graphics, video and networking. Xylon is a Premier Member of the Xilinx Alliance Program. More information can be found at www.logicbricks.com, the official Xylon web site.