Grenoble, France – June 29, 2015 -- Dolphin Integration is proud to roll out sCODa-MT1-LR.01, a stereo audio CODEC supporting both analog and digital microphones. With its architecture, this audio Virtual Component of Silicon IP is the perfect candidate for SoCs targeting wireless audio devices, such as Bluetooth speakers or sound bars, where sound performance and die cost are pivotal.
This product leverages the high density of a pure logic PMW modulator (40 % area reduction at 65 nm compared to a mixed-signal CODEC) with the advantage of the high dynamic range of a mixed-signal ADC.
Indeed, its ultra-low silicon area, close to one square millimeter, contributes to positioning the sCODa-MT1-LR.01 as the leading converter for cost-effectiveness.
Our sCODa-MT1-LR.01 stars a unique configuration of features:
- One ADC channel with analog microphone circuitry
- One digital microphone input channel
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) preventing audio signal saturation on the microphone input
- Wind noise filters to reduce environment disturbances and to enhance voice quality
- PLL-less feature (Phase Lock Loop) protecting audio signals against any performance drop due to jittered clock issues
- 2 DAC channels (R/L) with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for speaker or headphone outputs
This product is delivered with a handbook of reference application schematics helping to select external components for a large range of output types (e.g. headphone, speaker, line-out) and performances. This provides ideal guidelines for helping users optimize the cost/performance trade-offs with confidence in well-proven results.
- Low silicon area using a pure logic PWM DAC
- High SNR
- Up to 105 dB A-weighted on the DAC (depending on the sound amplifier)
- 90 dB A-weighted on ADC
- -90 dB on DAC
- -80 dB on ADC
- Wide sampling frequency range: 8 kHz to 192 kHz
The product is available at 65 nm TSMC, but easily retargetable from 130 nm to 28 nm at leading foundry processes.
For further information on sCODa-MT1-LR.01, check its presentation or contact us at email@example.com.
As a complement, the low-noise regulator Charny is provided to supply the IO drivers: nLR-Charny-[1.62-3.63]-[1.25].01
About Dolphin Integration
Dolphin Integration contributes to "enabling mixed signal Systems-on-Chip" for worldwide customers - up to the major actors of the semiconductor industry - with Silicon IP components best at low-power consumption.
This wide offering is based on innovative libraries of standard cells, register files, memory generators and power regulators. Complete networks for power supply can be flexibly assembled together with their loads: from high-resolution converters for audio and measurement applications to power-optimized micro-controllers of 8 or 16 and 32 bits.
Over 30 years of diverse experiences in the integration of silicon IP components and providing services for ASIC/SoC design and fabrication, with its own EDA solutions solving unaddressed challenges, make Dolphin Integration a genuine one-stop shop covering all customers’ needs for specific requests.
The company striving to incessantly innovate for its customers’ success has led to two strong differentiators:
- state-of-the-art “configured subsystems” for high-performance applications securing the most competitive SoC architectural solutions,
- a team of Integration and Application Engineers supporting each user’s need for optimal application schematics, demonstrated through EDA solutions enabling early performance assessments
Its social responsibility has been from the start focused on the design of integrated circuits with low-power consumption, placing the company in the best position to now contribute to new applications for general power savings through the emergence of the Internet of Things.