August 14, 2015 -- At this year's CES, Allwinner announced its first 64-bit solution, the $5 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 based A64 chipset. As of August 2015, the cost-effective A64 is already in mass production with several customers.
Main features of Allwinner's A64 chipset:
- Leading 64-bit Cortex-A53 quad-core CPU architecture, higher overall system performance, newest Android 5.1 support, 9.9 second system fast boot.
- Supports H.265/H.264 hardware decoding, 1080P HDMI output, delivering superb audio/video performance to users.
- Seemless multi-format DRAM storage support, more competitive system costs, supports eMMC 5.0 high-speed interface, delivers stronger IO performance and faster data throughput.
- Supports Allwinner's unique next generation color engine display technology, delivers more vibrant images and display for users.
- Supports 2 Amp fast charging.
Allwinner's A64 solution currently delivers market-unique value for early 64-bit adopters. Industry insiders expect demand for A64-based devices to ramp up in the second half of 2015.
For more information about the Allwinner A64, check out Allwinner's WeChat or Twitter sites for more up-to-date details.
Allwinner Technology is a leading fabless design company dedicated to smart application processor SoCs and smart analog ICs. Its product line includes multi-core application processors for smart devices and smart power management ICs used by brands worldwide.
With its focus on cutting edge UHD video processing, high performance multi-core CPU/GPU integration, and ultra-low power consumption, Allwinner Technology is a mainstream solution provider for the global tablet, internet TV, smart home device, automotive in-dash device, smart power management, and mobile connected device markets. Allwinner Technology is headquartered in Zhuhai, China.